Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tefl Tommorrow

• 22-05-2009 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi everyone.

Have searched for tefl ( teaching English as a foreign language ) on here but cant find an answer to my quesion.

What am i to expect? I am a very shy/quiet person who is feeling more and more sorry for signing up to do the 20hour weekend course. I received the agenda for the weekend and it has things in it like role play and drama!!!
    Does anyone know how big the classes are? And how much public speaking is involved??

Any feedback would be much appreciated . Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I'd imagine on a 20 hour course there'd only be an hour or so of each thing and there might be between 15-30 in your class, so chances are you'd only be doing it for a few minutes.

Not trying to be bitchy but if you are so shy and quiet and if speaking in front of a group unsettles you, are you sure teaching is for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sduff05

I dont know, its been years since i have done it ( public speaking ) and i know it will help my confidence. The main reason i signed up for it is cause im going to Australia in the next few months and have no qualifications at all so i thought this might help in my search for a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭b12mearse

Don't worry about it...I did it and i was the worst, didn't have a clue what to do. They pass you anyway. tefl is all about the money. they don't care. the schools that you will be working with are usually conected somehow with tefl so they hire you knowing that you have minimum qualifications, yet the students or there parents in these foreign countries don't know this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 catherineluff

Hey,

Sorry I didn't see your message earlier! Hope the course went well, in general there's no need to be nervous about weekend courses, everyone is in the same boat as you and they're meant to be the fun way to learn! I've been looking at TEFL information recently if you want to find a job after your course check out this company called i-to-i, they offer placements services in some cool destinations, the webiste is http://www.onlinetefl.com,

Good luck!

Advertisement