Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Rum Brands

Options
  • 22-05-2009 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Cooking some Jamaican jerk ckicken which calls for dark rum. Does anyone here know the name of a reasonably priced brand of this available in Ireland? I usually drink spiced rum, so I don't know any.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭b12mearse

There is a bottle of rum with a black sailor on the front of it, very nice, can't remember the name though, i was fare shook after drinking it

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

jamican seadog rum is the one your after. brown bottle with sailor on the label and a red lid. retails at €19.99 a bottle approx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yep, Jamaican Seadog is the most reasonable dark rum. There's another one as well (can't remember the name of it) but it isn't very nice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Those Dark Navy type rums like the Jamaican Seadog are a very dark and strongly flavoured type of rum (almost black).

I suspect the recipe means a dark rum more like the colour of brandy.
    (dark when compared to a clear 'white rum')
    Tesco and Lidl to reasonable own brand dark rums that would do the trick nicely although, I reckon, your Captain Morgan's spiced would be fine too.

I always have a bottle of cheap dark rum for having in espresso.

For sipping straight, Havana Club Barrel Proof is my current favourite!

Advertisement