Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-boys M4 cqb-r acting weird

Options
  • 22-05-2009 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi everyone

My first AEG a dboys m4 cqbr started making a loud screeching noise and the handle (where i think the motor is) started getting really warm and it stopped firing (and i didn't keep trying to fire it when it started making the noise it just stopped working a few seconds after the noise) so I emailed eirsoft soon after word and am waiting for a reply.

could anyone give any suggestions for why this has happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

The motor could need tuning, turn the screw thing in the bottom of the handle all the way up and then about half a turn back and try it then,
    it should work fine.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

If it got hot, the motor may have damaged itself.

Try lefty's advice first though, it may not have damaged itself yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Malone1994

Yeah its working again. Thank you!!!:D
    but the handle is still getting hot...

No problem, and how hot is it getting?
    The handle on my AEG gets a little it hot sometimes, I don't really worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Malone1994

not very just a little warm.
    I just hope it works for the weekend.;)
    thanks again

• Advertisement

No problem,
    have fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

ive seen several issues with dboy from almost all of its parts, in drogheda ive seen a heated handgrip and eventually the motor ceased, that issue was shortcircuit (the wiring used on that model was from a cheap extention cable) as an advise you have to bring it to a decent aeg techician and change/modify questionable parts, hop up gears gearbox, rewire. it will cost you yes but the joy of having a trouble free skirmish is worthwhile. cheers.
    nb:if youre trigger happy motor do heat up.

WARNING: airsoft is very expensive sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Malone1994 wrote: »
    not very just a little warm.
    I just hope it works for the weekend.;)
    thanks again

Any trouble with it, bring it in to us. Your warranty expired last month, but we'll do it for nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

motors get warm anyway, its their nature. providing its adjusted correctly it'll give you no hassle. at first glance i thought it might be a case of stripped gears but ive yet to see a set of dboys gears get stripped. :)

Advertisement