Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little white lies

Options
  • 22-05-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

This is just a general wondering, but I'm curious about the lies, whether small or large, people have been fed in order to win your favour. Or vice versa, the lies you have fed in order to get with someone. And it doesn't necessarily have to be aimed at getting with someone, I've learned from Scrubs that in the beginning of a relationship, lies are told and then gradually unfolded as the relationship progresses. So please, feed my curiosity and share some experiences :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Is omitting details lying? Id omit a fair bit about ex's or past experiences with ex's, rather to say nothing in the beginning of any relationship. Is that not natural order though?

As the saying go's, better to keep my mough closed and presumed a fool than speak and remove all doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

*start of relationship*

"Do I look fat in this dress ?"

"Of course you don't..."

*3 years later*

"Yeah, a little."

It all unfolds in the end :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

All relationships are formed through lies and/or omissions. It is that simple. You don't tell someone you are in a new relationship with that you don't like their cat. You don't tell them that that particular shade of Red lipstick makes them look like a clown.

You simply say "Aw, look at the kitty". And "You look great".

Telling the truth about such little things at the start of a relationship would likely lead to problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Pyr0 wrote: »
    *start of relationship*

"Of course you don't..."

*3 years later*

"Yeah, a little."

It all unfolds in the end :pac:

Yeah, there's no more 'you're lovely the way you are', yer telling me to go the the gymz now!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I think there were no real deliberate ommissions on mine or my OH's part when we first got together but it becomes a learing process....

Certain biting of the tongue is often needed though in the early stages in order to maintain harmony. Then it all gushes out.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement