Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vincent Browne marginalising Fianna Fáil?

Options
  • 22-05-2009 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

I was watching some Vincent Browne shows online from the past one or two weeks and came across two debates for the by-election in Dublin Central. In one debate there were four candidates, Maureen O' Sullivan independent,
    Pascal Donoghue Fine Gael, Ivan Bacic Labour and David Geary Green. I was surprised that the Fianna Fáil candidate wasn't included in the main debate when Green and Independent candidates were. Then I saw the debate that Maurice Ahern (like him or not) was subjected to, a glorified freak show of two former IRA members and a Christian fundamentalist nut. Is this an attempt from TV3 or Vincent Browne to marginalise Fianna Fáil by placing a candidate in the ridiculous far left, far right non-debate, even if his polling figures are bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

My guess is he struggles to get fianna fail people on the show because he attempts to butcher them when he gets the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Barry Andrews refused to go on vb on wednesday night to discuss the church abuse report.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Vincent butchers everyone when he gets a chance.

FF like soft interviews, any hard questions are a vicious media bias.

Gotta love those Brian Dobson eyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭cm2000

well he did go on the show thats not the point, the point was that he was in the freak show debate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Who says he wasn't a big part of the freak show?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭cm2000

he's a member of the most influential political party in the history of the state, and still the second largest party in the state

He's preparing ff for the political wilderness which they will become accustomed to very shortly, hence hes throwing them in with their new neighbours, crazy catholic fundamentalists and ra heads.
    They'll be right at home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

skelliser wrote: »
    drug dealing ra heads.

O look, an unfounded allegation. Unless you do have some basis for it you're witholding from the rest of us.....?

I was only trying to make the point that ff are so out of touch with the common man that they'd be right at home with those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Is he not Bertie's brother? He is lucky to get any air time, he should be grateful. Enough said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

skelliser wrote: »
    sorry "alleged" drug dealing ra heads! happy now!

And what are the specific allegations against these specific individuals? I don't recall any being mentioned.......

i edited my posts, lets get back on topic

Vincent Browne = legend

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

cm2000 wrote: »
    he's a member of the most influential political party in the history of the state, and still the second largest party in the state

Ya we can see their influences.
    Planning corruption, bank bailouts, friends given directorships on state boards, hospital waiting lists, people dying on trolleys, childrens hospitals closing wards, gang warfare in our cities, church given major digout so doesn't have to pay victims they abused.

Up till a this week we were just seen as a nation with a bunch of banking cowboys who cooked the books and helped their devleorp friends, whereas now we are seen as bunch of creeps who presented rapists with fresh meat for over 60 years. Worse still the deal good old ff did with the church appears as if we still are in their pocket.

Looking at it now the ff party has dragged this states name through the sh** for long enough.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Vincent was a member of Fine Gael back in the 1960's so he has this superior attitude that Fianna Fail represent toothless,illiterate peasants.He's always banging on about social justice and for that I salute you Vincent.Only in a true Republic,or Scandinavia will you get social justice.Southern Ireland,along with the USA has the biggest wealth divide in the developed world.Ah yes,that's what the men of 1916 fought for.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Meh, Vincent Browne "debates" provide entertainment not unbiased moderation. Anyone going on expecting any different is a fool and I can see why a lot of FF politicians wouldn't go on. Your average Irish politician couldn't hold their ground against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

What would a Bertie Ahern/ Vincent Browne interview look like?

It would be like Superman vs The Hulk.

In years to come children would be crowding around Vincent Browne and Bertie Ahern superhero cards in the schoolyards, even then they'd probably still be debating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

InFront wrote: »
    What would a Bertie Ahern/ Vincent Browne interview look like?

It would be like Superman vs The Hulk.

In years to come children would be crowding around Vincent Browne and Bertie Ahern superhero cards in the schoolyards, even then they'd probably still be debating it.

I tap Bertie to activate "Teflon Taoiseach" power which negates your +5 bonus to "Terrier-like refusal to be deflected from your line of questioning"....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Ferris got the worst roasting from VB yet. She is a young politian and she held her ground.
    FF politians should go on VB they will get grilled. Maybe people would respect them more if they showed up and answered the tough questions.
    They have been in power too long and they think they are answerable to no one.

Advertisement