Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards meet up - BMX trails jam/bbq/beers/party in the woods photo invite

• 22-05-2009 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭

There is a trails jam next week on Saturday 30th May at the jumps my friends have spent 2 years building and working on. It's a loosely organised thing with BMXers coming from all parts of the country to ride bikes, hang out, have a BBQ, drink some beers, try not to get hurt etc.... I asked the guys who are putting it on if it would be cool for some boardsies to come along if they wanted to try to shoot some photos, check it out etc... I'll be there too shooting and have my flahses set up and radio transmitters etc...so people can borrow my transmitter and have a play around with using external flashes etc...

I mentioned this to Thonda and he said he was up for coming along. I don't want to give out the location on a public forum as trails/jumps have a reputation for people finding them and walking on them/destroying them so if anyone is interested PM me and I'll give you the location. It's not too far from from Clontarf on the coast road.

*EDIT* I'm not sure what time it's starting at but I'm guessing around 1pm-ish. Also if you want to use my flashes/radio triggers (which are US Pocket Wizards if anyone else wants to bring theirs along to have a massive strobist set up!!). Bring some AA batteries too. I doubt my AA's will last the day if they are getting so heavily used!

If you do happen to know or work out where they are could you please not say it in the thread please.

I'll attach some pics of whats there and what'll be going on. Bring some beers if you like, or a flask of tea/coffee and something warm to wear. The trails don't get much sunlight so it can get a bit cold if you're there for a while.

Mods feel free to move this if necessary. I just thought it would get more views/interest posted here.

Thanks,

Pete.

2899369955_e71bbcebfb.jpg

2892513421_49a8acba7d.jpg

2985708800_11de6d0bb9.jpg

set-72157600036560953

3324776624_c8a5bf0367.jpg

3324741349_a7a1ee9d33.jpg

3324813462_d36b6b60ca.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Hurray for work :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I used to bike there, its looking in great shape now though.
    sounds like an interesting photo opportunity too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I'll try my best to get there. I bet I'll be the only one on Red Lemonade :D

But please, insure, that I won't borrow a bike.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Masada wrote: »
    I used to bike there, its looking in great shape now though.
    sounds like an interesting photo opportunity too. :)

Same as that Masada. I had a baby eska (the improvised bmx of the late '70's) nicked on me there and a few years later destroyed a Mongoose (and me too) there aswell.

May just swing by. Good offer Pete, nice one. (Mind you I've just realised that it's the morning after oone of those nights where we met the last time and that took two weeks to get over (TP Smiths??))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Ill see if I can organise a lift with alan power from waterford would that be ok? I reckon he will want to hit up this!

If so ive got 4 US pw's to add :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Go for it Daz! Thats 7 strobes with 7 PW's already. I can see this turning into a total geek fest already. I love it!
    dazftw wrote: »
    Ill see if I can organise a lift with alan power from waterford would that be ok? I reckon he will want to hit up this!

If so ive got 4 US pw's to add :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Moving this over to the Expeditions Forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Awh that sounds brilliant but I'll be surfing next weekend :(.

Hopefully I'll get there another time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Just said it to alan, looks like we'll be there!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Sounds good to me. I've been waiting about 2 years to get some shots of Alan now for an Irish scene report. I thin the rest of the weekend could be a road trip to athlone and Waterford parks too with some street riding in Athlone too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Bugger - was going to go to this but I thougt it was the weekend after. I'm in Charleville on Saturday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

JPG previews of the pictures are processed. Shame on me, I am crap in photography. But I still love it. Clicking on the picture will bring you to the whole set on my Flickr.

3579340897_560056f03d.jpg

Advertisement