Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall mount LCD or not? And what size would be best?

Options
  • 22-05-2009 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Looking for advice on two items:

1) What do people think works best: a LCD wall mounted or a LCD freestanding on a TV bench?

My thinking is that freestanding on a bench allows me to be flexible with it's positioning and to rotate it to suit viewing angle. On the other hand wall mounting might be neater, but once it's up it's up. (I don't want a swivel wall mount, wouldn't look right). Opinions please.

2) The room that the TV will be in is long but narrow. I'm considering placing TV on the long side of the room and couch on the opposite wall. This means that the TV would be about 10 to 11 feet away. What screen size would work best for this distance? I'm thinking anything over 40" inch would be too close to view comfortably. Again, opinions please.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

irlrobins wrote: »
    Hey all,

Looking for advice on two items:

1) What do people think works best: a LCD wall mounted or a LCD freestanding on a TV bench?

My thinking is that freestanding on a bench allows me to be flexible with it's positioning and to rotate it to suit viewing angle. On the other hand wall mounting might be neater, but once it's up it's up. (I don't want a swivel wall mount, wouldn't look right). Opinions please.

2) The room that the TV will be in is long but narrow. I'm considering placing TV on the long side of the room and couch on the opposite wall. This means that the TV would be about 10 to 11 feet away. What screen size would work best for this distance? I'm thinking anything over 40" inch would be too close to view comfortably. Again, opinions please.

Many thanks

that's a good distance, I'd wall mount a 46" from that.

Advertisement