Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway- cheap meal?

Options
  • 23-05-2009 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

HI guys,
    Are there any restaurants doing good deals at the moment??
    Had a 4 course meal in Dublin a few weeks ago for €20. Was a fantastic offer.
    I'm probably being too optimistic but are there any in Galway City as good??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I doubt if there will be any god deals in the next 2 weeks and I have not seen any good deals in a while. I had a 3 course for €30 in the Olde Malt recently but won't be going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Galway is overpriced, I wouldn't expect anything like that here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Supermacs.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

HI guys,
    Are there any restaurants doing good deals at the moment??
    Had a 4 course meal in Dublin a few weeks ago for €20. Was a fantastic offer.
    I'm probably being too optimistic but are there any in Galway City as good??

Where is this magical restaurant in dublin? i'll have to go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Spudhouse is doing a 3 course meal for 16quid, with a glass of wine afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BK's win bar at the bottom of quay street do a €15 menu 7 days a week, they also have a €25 menu and an a la catre menu.
    Proper french country food and their wine selection is a lot better than anywhere else in town.

Usually have music too.

I fecking love the place.

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Where is this magical restaurant in dublin? i'll have to go there.

there was about 100 places in dublin offering 3 courses for 20 quid the last few months, some promotion.

Yamamorri always have a very, very well priced menu too, like, at most 3 courses would be 25 quid.

Final post.

I know that Vina Mara are doing 10 yoyo lunch's too. think its 2 courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Lots of early bird menus going on down quay street direction at the mo.

KC Blakes are doing a strater main and glass of wine for 21e not bad atall considering what you would be paying for it on their normal menu. I actually couldnt finish it i was so full!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Galgal5003

I was in Padraicin's outside Barna last week and they had a "3-courses for€20 offer", they offered a great choice and everyone was delicious, good-sized portions aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Galgal5003 wrote: »
    everyone was delicious, good-sized portions aswell.
    What the hell did you eat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Supermacs.

That is all.
    He said "a restaurant".. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

McDonagh's on Shop st, perfect fish 'n chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

sgthighway wrote: »
    I doubt if there will be any god deals in the next 2 weeks and I have not seen any good deals in a while. I had a 3 course for €30 in the Olde Malt recently but won't be going back.

What was it like? I havent been there in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Galgal5003

What the hell did you eat?
    Ooops my bad! It's not a cannabilistic establishment, I'm not allowed back there:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I've never eaten there so I don't know if it's any good, but the House Hotel is doing a two course meal for 20 or a three course for 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Xiney wrote: »
    I've never eaten there so I don't know if it's any good, but the House Hotel is doing a two course meal for 20 or a three course for 25.

Thanks for that. Is the food served in the bar just like bar food or do they have a seperate restaurant, do ya know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ms flywheel

I've always been fond of the Homeplate. The Galway Arms does good pub food too, so does the River Inn. The Galleon out Salthill always does nice food that isn't too dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

The claregalway hotel are going a 2 for 1 offer on a Thursday i think its 30 euro for 2 people

gg

Advertisement