Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fitness Records 2009

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That wilks calculator is totally discriminating against fat people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

That wilks calculator is totally discriminating against fat people.

Just like any calculator, with all those little buttons. Not made with pudgy fingers in mind. Calculators are notoriously racist also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

kevpants wrote: »
    Just like any calculator, with all those little buttons. Not made with pudgy fingers in mind. Calculators are notoriously racist also.

Hahaha in fairness it does. It's deffo skewed towards lighter people. To be honest tho, I think the middle weights really get the roughest deal on wilks.

Compare lifts for someone who's 95-100kg and one who's 110kg. You might get to add 10kg worth of bodyweight and not even have to add 5kg to your lift for the same wilks score!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

35kg bench press at body weight 51 kg.

added
    Malteaser! wrote: »
    Overhead Press - 30kg @ 62kg bw

added

Maybe using lean body mass would be better, instead of total weight? It should work out better for someone like me anyway:D

• Advertisement

Maybe using lean body mass would be better, instead of total weight? It should work out better for someone like me anyway:D

Mass moves mass. Fat's leverage too!!

RE: Pull ups...

For the challenge can the bar be released and then got back onto during the one minute, or as soon as you let go you're gone???

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Hanley wrote: »

For the challenge can the bar be released and then got back onto during the one minute, or as soon as you let go you're gone???

I was going by the gladiator trails... where the rules were you had to hold on for the full minute.

Fat may be leverage when you're trying to push a car but not when lifting weights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Squat - done on 14/02/2009

115kg @ 75kg bodyweight, video here, my squat is at 4:02

Wilks: 109.3

• Advertisement

g'em wrote: »

3 whites!

That means yes

added

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

BossArky wrote: »
    I was going by the gladiator trails... where the rules were you had to hold on for the full minute.

Dunno how "official" these world record rules are.

http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/chinups.html
    THE RULES
    (If you want to break a record that is published in a record book or governed by an international authorithy, there may be other or additional rules. See here for more information.)

We make a difference between

chin-ups [grab the bar with your palms facing you, (supinated grip)] and
    pull-ups [grab the bar with your palms facing away from you (pronated grip)].
    In one attempt, you cannot mix both grips. The tables list the "absolute record" (for either chin-ups or pull-ups), but as both exercises can be regarded as different categories, there is a comment about the grip used for the attempt.
    1. The chin must be raised above the bar.
    2. Each single chin-up must be started from a hanging position, i.e. the arms must be straight in the "down" position.
    3. You can dismount as often as you wish.
    4. Video documentation must be provided. The camera should be at the height of the bar so that it is possible to decide whether the chin cleared the bar. The full body of the contestant must be visible all the time.
    5. The chin must be raised above the bar level, otherwise the chin-up has to be disallowed by the judges.
    6. Leg kicks and lower-body movements cannot be used to gain momentum in the exercise.
    7. Only a straight bar can be used. It must be made of an inflexible matter such as steel, not of a flexible substance such as plastic or tubing. It may be of any diameter.
    8. The Bar must be level and the height of the hands must be equal in relation and equal in height to where the chin crosses the bar.
    9. The width of the grip can be of the athletes choosing, however hands can not be overlapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

Heres my squat 112.5@70kg bw

wilks- 84.3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

2:mins 35seconds......................... i think i just pissed my pants:P

BossArky wrote: »

Fair enough, you da boss(arky)!!
    Fat may be leverage when you're trying to push a car but not when lifting weights.

Believe it or not, it really does help. Quite a bit too.
    bigstar wrote: »

wilks- 84.3

Good lift, no doubt!

bigstar wrote: »

added

added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

Bench 100@77bw

Deadlift150@77bw

Both lifts done on 28/5/09

• Advertisement

Bench 100@77bw

Deadlift150@77bw

Good lift x2 from me!

Bench 100@77bw

Deadlift150@77bw

Added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Must add 1 or 2, did 45 push ups in the minute challenge (actually only did 45seconds) just to annoy Hanley a little :D

Fair play mods, good work

40 pushups in one min.

Hanley and d-gal are ghey together... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

What are the rules regarding the push ups? I didn't see your chest touch the ground once there Kev.
    From my point of view for a full push up, your chest has to touch the ground.

d-gal wrote: »
    did 45 push ups in the minute challenge (actually only did 45seconds)

d-gal, can you provide a video?
    kevpants wrote: »
    40 pushups in one min.

Added.

What are the rules regarding the push ups? I didn't see your chest touch the ground once there Kev.
    From my point of view for a full push up, your chest has to touch the ground.

My ehh chest isn't the first thing that touches the ground! I was touching my belly/lower chest off the ground on each rep. Spare a thought for those of us who aren't that toned H2TC!!

*runs away sobbing*

Actually I just tried to do a press up with my chest touching the ground and I can't. That's as low as I can go. I'm on the ground at that stage. The only way I could touch my chest would be to have my ar5e up in the air.

How much lower am I supposed to go? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Thats strange... Have you tried making your hands wider? Although I think it makes the push up harder.
    I've no problem getting my chest, hips and stomach on the floor when doing press ups, is it flexibility or just ROM which doesn't let you drop down further?

• Advertisement

Thats strange... Have you tried making your hands wider? Although I think it makes the push up harder.
    I've no problem getting my chest, hips and stomach on the floor when doing press ups, is it flexibility or just ROM which doesn't let you drop down further?

I'm fat. There I said it. Happy now!!??

Seriously though. Belly makes contact before chest. I suppose it's a ROM advantage but I have to lift it too.

Advertisement