Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fitness Records 2009

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

and your still..................

Using that line of argument...

Cardio's young, but he's getting older.

And you're fat, so you're getting fatter?? :D:D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

If you had used two arms!

edit - i.e. there isn't a one arm snatch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

BossArky wrote: »
    If you had used two arms!

edit - i.e. there isn't a one arm snatch?

i know, i think i should get my own section!!!:D

fine!! 60kg snatch at 95kg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Anyone going to approve or deny this?

btw L, I thought you'd have curly hair? :pac:

• Advertisement

It'd defo pass in an oly meet anyway.

BossArky wrote: »
    Anyone going to approve or deny this?

btw L, I thought you'd have curly hair? :pac:

:confused:cen fath??

Added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Hanley wrote: »
    It'd defo pass in an oly meet anyway.

I haven't seen hang power snatches in any weightlifting meet I've been to ;) It's not a competition lift but for the purposes of the thread it's fine.

btw BA if you need me to look at the oly lifts just drop me a PM and draw my attention here!

L - round your elbows out more at the beginning of the lift, keep your shoulders further over the bar and extend with arms straight for longer, you've got good power in your hips so let them do the hard work and not your arms :)

g'em wrote: »
    I haven't seen hang power snatches in any weightlifting meet I've been to ;) It's not a competition lift but for the purposes of the thread it's fine.

btw BA if you need me to look at the oly lifts just drop me a PM and draw my attention here!

L - round your elbows out more at the beginning of the lift, keep your shoulders further over the bar and extend with arms straight for longer, you've got good power in your hips so let them do the hard work and not your arms :)

cheers g'em do mean point them out to the side more???

• Advertisement

cheers g'em do mean point them out to the side more???

Not quite - imagine you have the bar in your hands at the start of the snatch position, in the most comfortable and instinctual position your elbows will be pointed straight out to the side right? But what you actually want to do is rotate your elbows around so that they're pointing as far forward as you can mange - this will aid you in keeping your arms straight during the extension and stop you from bending the elbows prematurely, ensuring that you get as much power behind the lift as you can muster.

Does that make sense? It's easier to explain in person obviously!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Sounds sort of like the opposite of an elbow tuck on a bench press?

I guess so, yeah, but I was always shit at benching so I don't have much of a reference point :D

I haven't seen hang power snatches in any weightlifting meet I've been to ;)

True. But I haven’t seen many lifters get red lighted at weightlifting competitions because they did something wrong/illegal going from the floor to the hang either so I figured for judging purposes, especially in the context of this thread and the records contained herein, there was no point worrying about it….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Can I add this 3x120 deadlift? (It's just a start, I'll add more as I go along....) Bodyweight 84.6kg. Wilks, 79.212.

Sincerest apologies for the delay. Definitely a good lift. Stick 30-40kg on the bar and come back to us :p

Baldie wrote: »
    Can I add this 3x120 deadlift? (It's just a start, I'll add more as I go along....) Bodyweight 84.6kg. Wilks, 79.212.

Added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Sincerest apologies for the delay. Definitely a good lift. Stick 30-40kg on the bar and come back to us :p

Will do, cheers! It's only that start.... hopefully.....

Snatch 56kg @ 73.9kg:Sinclair 63.68

Video (@1:30)

Snatch 56kg @ 73.9kg:Sinclair 63.68

Video (@1:30)

Added. Well done.

Do you have a new C&J too, or do I just add the old C&J to the new Snatch for new total?

• Advertisement

Same c&j, but they were done @ different bodyweights so the sinclair will be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

My 3.34min crossfit fran time - with 95lbs on the bar and my weight that day was
    90kg.

Sub 3mins by crossfit championships in september i would say

I've just noticed that you're like 8 foot tall???

Transform wrote: »
    My 3.34min crossfit fran time - with 95lbs on the bar and my weight that day was 90kg.

Sub 3mins by crossfit championships in september i would say

Added. The standard is set :)

remember to rate the video guys/girls - anyone up for crossfit king kong?

remember to rate the video guys/girls - anyone up for crossfit king kong?

Depends on how it's rx'd reallly... what do ya propose?

Depends on how it's rx'd reallly... what do ya propose?
    well i did a little something like this today

1rep deadlift at 455lbs
    2reps muscle ups
    3reps at 90kg cleans (this should be much heavier but i am not at cleans long)
    4 reps handstand press ups (just started doing them last week - fearing they will be put in for the championships in september)

all for 3 rounds, took a while - wannnnnnna see??

well i did a little something like this today

1rep deadlift at 455lbs
    2reps muscle ups
    3reps at 90kg cleans (this should be much heavier but i am not at cleans long)
    4 reps handstand press ups (just started doing them last week - fearing they will be put in for the championships in september)

all for 3 rounds, took a while - wannnnnnna see??

yessum.

looking forward to the crossfit championships in sept and working hard on some basics i have yet to get right! Making the handstand press ups harder by doing them on stands but hey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I've just noticed that you're like 8 foot tall???
    And appears to be in some sort of NASA anti-gravity room :eek:

Advertisement