Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fitness Records 2009

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Transform wrote: »
    well i did a little something like this today

1rep deadlift at 455lbs
    2reps muscle ups
    3reps at 90kg cleans (this should be much heavier but i am not at cleans long)
    4 reps handstand press ups (just started doing them last week - fearing they will be put in for the championships in september)

all for 3 rounds, took a while - wannnnnnna see??

I knew what the normal King Kong was rx'd as, but I was pretty sure that there's no many people out there who could do it, that's why I asked :D

I'm game for it.. someone will have to teach me muscle ups first tho unfortunately!!

When's the CF invitational on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

I'd say you should get some rings and practice false grip pullups, deep ring-dips and muscle-up rows, when comfortable with them, move on to negative muscle ups and try to maintain the false grip during the transition. Takes a bit of time before the wrists get the hang of what you're trying to do.

Right, I need someone to teach me how to deadlift 200kg and clean 115kg.

I'd say some oly lifters would give this a good crack, aren't there some irish lads with 140kg< cleans and the like?

Dead Ed wrote: »
    I'd say you should get some rings and practice false grip pullups, deep ring-dips and muscle-up rows, when comfortable with them, move on to negative muscle ups and try to maintain the false grip during the transition. Takes a bit of time before the wrists get the hang of what you're trying to do.

I'd say some oly lifters would give this a good crack, aren't there some irish lads with 140kg< cleans and the like?

Yeah there's a few... I can think of 3 or 4 off the top of my head anyway. There's probs more.

I'll have to try and sort myself out with the rings anyway cos I hate not being able to do muscle ups!!

When's the invitational on anyway?

pretty sure it's the 19th o' September...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

yea there is a former british olympian at 44yrs young doing it in just over 2mins! Olympic lifters could do well but its just one crossfit workout. I like to do them all and see what i need to work on

Amazing but some of the crossfit basic workouts are harder in terms of endurance e.g. most people would never even get past 20mins of murph and cindy is no blow over either!

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    Yeah there's a few... I can think of 3 or 4 off the top of my head anyway. There's probs more.

I'll have to try and sort myself out with the rings anyway cos I hate not being able to do muscle ups!!

When's the invitational on anyway?
    i remember seeing a crossfit workout - do 30 muscle ups OR 150 dips and 150 chins!!!

Think i would take the muscle ups!

rubadub wrote: »
    And appears to be in some sort of NASA anti-gravity room :eek:
    one of micks power racks - quite small for me at 6'2"

So anyone else going to post up the fran?

yea there is a former british olympian at 44yrs young doing it in just over 2mins! Olympic lifters could do well but its just one crossfit workout. I like to do them all and see what i need to work on
    David Morgan I think. He was doing 500lb deads and 275lb cleans, rom was funky but I'd say that wouldn't have made a huge amount of difference to the time. Saw a video of him snatching 120kg at about 16 years old. He's one bad muhfuggah!
    Amazing but some of the crossfit basic workouts are harder in terms of endurance e.g. most people would never even get past 20mins of murph and cindy is no blow over either!
    True, the short and sharp ones are all well and good but the filthy 50, murph and eva are bloody vicious.

pretty sure it's the 19th o' September...

Ah fcuk off??

That's me out so. I've a bench comp the next day. I'll definitely come along to support and spot tho.

Ah fcuk off??

That's me out so. I've a bench comp the next day. I'll definitely come along to support and spot tho.
    ahhhh excuses now hanley - i have a hair appointment the monday so i might need a rain check also!

• Advertisement

ahhhh excuses now hanley - i have a hair appointment the monday so i might need a rain check also!

I'd well believe that too :p Just grab a brolly, you'll be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

Hiya guys,

it there any record for 1 rep max turkish get up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

jayoo wrote: »
    Hiya guys,

it there any record for 1 rep max turkish get up?

if there is then i want my dam snatch recognised as something!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

if there is then i want my dam snatch recognised as something!!!:p
    I always thought you were a bloke! What can you do with it, blow bubbles? ;)

Kev, very sorry to do this, but can I have the lead back in the squat table please?? :D:D

220kg @ 101kg - 133.36 wilks

That brings my total to 610kg @ 106 say (since some of my lifts are from then).

Total wilks = 365.64
    Squat - 133.36
    Bench - 83.38
    Deadlift - 148.9

Hiya

will this work for shoulder push press??

90kg at 89kg bodyweight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcWxyfsp7VI&feature=channel

Wilks = 57.789

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDk4MVnNstg

170kg deadlift, 89kg bodweight

Wilks = 109.157

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

115kg bench press - a sh!t rep but a rep none-the-less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssn80TxVGrY

edit: 88kg b/w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Bodyweight 83kg

Bench 105kg: Wilks 70.087

Squat 100kg: Wilks 66.75

Will get a vid of 150kg deadlift tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Jayoo i doubt that would count for shoulder press as its push pressed

• Advertisement

BossArky wrote: »

Overhead Press - Rules
      [
    *]Can be push press
    [*]Rank by absolute weight lifted
    [*]Bodyweight noted
    [*]Separate male and female table

You're on absolute fire today mate!!

Jayoo, both are good in my book.

oh it can be a push press? i dont agree, i think theres too much technique variation but meh, and yea it hasnt been a great day, youve corrected me like 3 times in the space of 5 minutes!

i dont agree, i think theres too much technique variation but meh

+1

Unless there's a one arm snatch category established........

oh it can be a push press? i dont agree, i think theres too much technique variation but meh, and yea it hasnt been a great day, youve corrected me like 3 times in the space of 5 minutes!

Technique variation from a traditional press, or too close to a jerk?

well, some people are going to be better at the push press technique than others, like for instance, compare my technique to yours or L's, yea you can press more than i can push press anyway. But lets say for arguement that me and you had the same Military press strength. But you could push press more than me cause you had better technique. Not to mention the whole jerk situation.

well, some people are going to be better at the push press technique than others, like for instance, compare my technique to yours or L's, yea you can press more than i can push press anyway. But lets say for arguement that me and you had the same Military press strength. But you could push press more than me cause you had better technique. Not to mention the whole jerk situation.

Well I'd imagine my bench and squat technique's better too. And my power clean!!! There's always going to be an element of technique involved like...

The difference between a push press and jerk would be fairly noticable, so dont worry about that!

well your technique is obviously better than mine, duh, i still think tho it should either be strictly push press or military press, makes more sense, and no L, no one arm snatch, for one if the table was thrown up, hanley would probably do a 1 arm snatch just to piss you off.

Well I'd imagine my bench and squat technique's better too. And my power clean!!! There's always going to be an element of technique involved like...

The difference between a push press and jerk would be fairly noticable, so dont worry about that!

I can go one better than Cardio's analogy.

You and I have roughly the same shoulder strength, but you'd smoke me in a push press i imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Kev, very sorry to do this, but can I have the lead back in the squat table please?? :D:D

220kg @ 101kg - 133.36 wilks

That brings my total to 610kg @ 106 say (since some of my lifts are from then).

Total wilks = 365.64
    Squat - 133.36
    Bench - 83.38
    Deadlift - 148.9

You certainly can... for now.
    d-gal wrote: »
    115kg bench press - a sh!t rep but a rep none-the-less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssn80TxVGrY

edit: 88kg b/w

All good from me.
    Parsley wrote: »
    Bodyweight 83kg

Bench 105kg: Wilks 70.087

Squat 100kg: Wilks 66.75

Will get a vid of 150kg deadlift tomorrow.

Bench = good

Squat = First rep was good ;)

Both can be added

Don't worry sonny-jim I agree with you. Push pressing is validation for cheating. Where does a push press stop and dropping down under the bar start?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I'll update the tables in the next few days. Sorry for the delay - been snowed under.

Push Press does count. Judges will decide if someone is really taking the piss with form. Those were the rules when we put the records together.

Advertisement