Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fitness Records 2009

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

jayoo wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDk4MVnNstg

170kg deadlift, 89kg bodweight

Wilks = 109.157

Added
    d-gal wrote: »
    115kg bench press - a sh!t rep but a rep none-the-less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssn80TxVGrY

edit: 88kg b/w

Added
    Hiya

will this work for shoulder push press??

90kg at 89kg bodyweight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcWxyfsp7VI&feature=channel

Wilks = 57.789

Added. Turn on the lights next time! :)
    Hanley wrote: »
    Kev, very sorry to do this, but can I have the lead back in the squat table please?? :D:D

220kg @ 101kg - 133.36 wilks

That brings my total to 610kg @ 106 say (since some of my lifts are from then).

Total wilks = 365.64
    Squat - 133.36
    Bench - 83.38
    Deadlift - 148.9

Added
    Parsley wrote: »
    Bodyweight 83kg

Bench 105kg: Wilks 70.087

Added
    Parsley wrote: »
    Bodyweight 83kg

Squat 100kg: Wilks 66.75

Added

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

RE: Push Press

Ya can tell when it turns into a jerk because the bar will go straight to lockout while the knees are still bent. I can't really describe the difference thru text, but it's quite different visually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

Bench Press 110kg

bodyweight 89kg

wilks 70.631

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htbnrx9HrFE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Bench Press 110kg

bodyweight 89kg

wilks 70.631

seal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

hello, do any of these count? im not sure about either to be honest!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

hello, do any of these count? im not sure about either to be honest!!

none of them count because of them shorts you're wearing

every video i post has flower shorts? get over it d-gal your from galway. Yea. I went there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Bench Press 110kg

bodyweight 89kg

wilks 70.631

Added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Hey,

20 Rep Squat at 88kg bodyweight.

In my blog I've done a 105kg 20 rep squat since but unfortunately don't have video proof. I failed trying to video 107.5kg today, I'll give it another bash in a few weeks.

Power Clean- 95kg at 94.5kg bodyweight Sinclair = 107.856. Apologies for the poor video my camera refused to work so I used my phone. Anyone know how I can rotate it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

@ Beau - Jaaaaaaysus that's a rough video to judge!!!

Seems grand though (I think!! :o)

• Advertisement

Yeh fair enough. Its no hassle recording it again properly anyway, I'll try for 97.5kg next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 doflynn

Squat

Bodyweight 96kg
    Lift 130kg Wilks:80.483

Beau wrote: »
    Hey,

20 Rep Squat at 88kg bodyweight.

In my blog I've done a 105kg 20 rep squat since but unfortunately don't have video proof. I failed trying to video 107.5kg today, I'll give it another bash in a few weeks.

Power Clean- 95kg at 94.5kg bodyweight Sinclair = 107.856. Apologies for the poor video my camera refused to work so I used my phone. Anyone know how I can rotate it?

RE: the squat - first 3 reps are high in my book so no lift I'm afraid - the angle makes it hard to tell for certain tho. In a bit of a rush so didn't get to watch the rest.
    doflynn wrote: »
    Squat

Bodyweight 96kg
    Lift 130kg Wilks:80.483

Looks like it could be ok, but the angle is brutal. Judgement pending from me!!

Just realised no one's loving the power clean table.

May as well take the de facto first place - 110kg @ 100kg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXgtPdV1BRw

Just realised no one's loving the power clean table.

May as well take the de facto first place

You just couldn't face not being top of a table eh? :pac: :Phaha Thought I might manage to be on top for at least a day or two! Here's my power clean 100kg @ 94.5kg Sinclair 113.532

Squat
    130kg at 94.5kg Wilks 81.055
    RE: the squat - first 3 reps are high in my book so no lift I'm afraid - the angle makes it hard to tell for certain tho. In a bit of a rush so didn't get to watch the rest.

Recorded this before this so hopefully this one is ok. What is the best angle?

Deadlift

160kg at 94.5kg Wilks 99.76

I did a bench to complete the powerlifting but looking at it again there definitely is a bounce! :mad: So I won't waste your guys time with it, you can see it here though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amJRocwhL9Q. God dam it! The good thing about doing this though is that at least I get to take a look at myself in a way I never would normally. I've got work to do! Cringe about the sound on the videos, on my own camera it doesn't record sound so I wasn;t aware of it :o

@Hanley turns out doflynn up there knows you! He's a good mate of mine. Its mad, I'd say people on here have connections with each other that they never know.

You just couldn't face not being top of a table eh? :pac: :Phaha Thought I might manage to be on top for at least a day or two! Here's my power clean 100kg @ 94.5kg Sinclair 113.532

Squat
    130kg at 94.5kg Wilks 81.055

Recorded this before this so hopefully this one is ok. What is the best angle?

Deadlift

I did a bench to complete the powerlifting but looking at it again there definitely is a bounce! :mad: So I won't waste your guys time with it, you can see it here though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amJRocwhL9Q. God dam it! The good thing about doing this though is that at least I get to take a look at myself in a way I never would normally. I've got work to do! Cringe about the sound on the videos, on my own camera it doesn't record sound so I wasn;t aware of it :o

@Hanley turns out doflynn up there knows you! He's a good mate of mine. Its mad, I'd say people on here have connections with each other that they never know.

Haha crud.. sorry. I didn't even realise you posted a power clean video. Must actually be fairly close on Sinclair?? Didn't check mine.

The best angle for the squat is this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EurRT7hKtv4

I can't watch the updated vids on my work laptop so I'll check em out this evening if I get a chance. Gonna be fairly hectic over the next few days so hopefully Kev will jump in if he has a few mins to spare.

RE: doflynn... there's only one person I can think of who it could be and I'm fairly certain I'm right. Would make sense too cos he's a big strong looking lad as well... Is he from Navan and do I know his sister?? I've always said I hate how small Dublin is and how everyone knows everyone, but I didn't think it'd extended outside of that to the surrounding counties tho!!!! Sooooo random.

Beau/BossArky,

Deadlift's perfect. Might wanna add more weight tho ;) (seriously, +20-30kg)

Bench is fine for the purposes of the record table as well, it's a touch and go, not a bounce in my book!!!

Squat, still can't really tell. It's too close and too angled downwards to give a sure call either way.

Beau/BossArky,

Deadlift's perfect. Might wanna add more weight tho ;) (seriously, +20-30kg)

nice! I might get straps or something to help out
    Squat, still can't really tell. It's too close and too angled downwards to give a sure call either way.

Cool, feck it anyway. I'll keep working out as usual and come back to this at the end of the year, I was doing reps of 130kg at the start of the summer so theres more in me.

Deadlift

I did a bench to complete the powerlifting ..........., you can see it here though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amJRocwhL9Q.

Added both deadlift and bench.

Beau & Hanley's power cleans are fine - cardio I'm going to say nay on yours because it's a muscle up and not a clean. The strength is there you're just not getting the technique right.

Watch Hanley's PC - see how he extends upwards with the bar, keeps it close to his body and allows momentum to keep the bar travelling upwards as he bends his elbows and gets underneath it? The key is in the shrug movement at the top, it allows the bar to get high enough that you can drop underneath it.

What you're doing is swinging your hips forward and grossly over-extending your back and then finising it with a reverse curl i.e. you're going out and not up. Don't worry though, that's what a lot of people would instinctually do when they start out with their power cleans!

• Advertisement

g'em wrote: »
    Beau & Hanley's power cleans are fine

Both added.

cheers gem, im working really light at the moment, really trying to get the movement right! im getting there, ill get a new video of my current progress to see where to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Right, did some challenges today :)

Pull-ups

Bodyweight: 90kg. Reps: 18

Again, i did another 1-2 reps before the video started, but as usual
    vid didn't capture

Powerclean

Bodyweight: 90kg. Weight: 100kg. Sinclair: 115.954

Lovely commentary work :D

Dips

Bodyweight: 90kg. Reps: 25

Did the dips as i saw nothing on the table, im sure plenty of good competition for them though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

lol why did you disable embedding your own videos if you wanted to embed them in the thread?? :D

lol why did you disable embedding your own videos if you wanted to embed them in the thread?? :D

My bad :S, fixed now

michael your an absolute beast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xroQc2_3pOg

push up challenge, not sure if this will qualify, not sure im getting enough rom

Michael - you can power clean a LOT more than that. Thing is, that's not really a power clean, it's a muscle up, and it's piss easy :D

I'd need a second opinion on that tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Michael - you can power clean a LOT more than that. Thing is, that's not really a power clean, it's a muscle up, and it's piss easy :D

I'd give it, I would agree it's a muscle up but because it is so light to him he doesn't really need to put much effort into it, hence barely any hip movement.

Michael - I would def consider going into olympic lifting - cleaning that amount with sh!t technique and yet relative ease shows awesome potential

• Advertisement

Thank g'em & d-gal

I guess your right, i actually tried a 100kg Full Clean (clean and front squat) just before it and i failed (injuring my wrist, still healing it now :S). So when trying for the powerclean afterwards i was a little hesitant in a way, about getting power into it, hip drive and catching the bar, ducking a bit lower etc. I can try again in a few weeks time (not trying 100kg full clean though for a long time).

Just curious (and forgive my ignorance), what is the difference between a normal powerclean and 'muscle up' clean? I thought a muscle up was done on the Olympic Rings? :D. Im gathering it may be the same as what you said to Cardio?

@d-gal: I contemplated at least learning Olympic Lifts a bit more, i have alot of power, but at the moment im happy enough with training on the Olympic lifts on a normal standard and not competition focused. My plan at the moment is to gain back a bit more strength i lost (currently Doing Westside for Skinny Backstards) and then i might plan on going into Gymnastic/Bodyweight conditioning instead

Advertisement