Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So tonight going to the pub...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Honestly, Dragan, as a non drinker, I think you're deluding yourself if you think there aren't stacks of blokes who get refused into clubs for no good reason all over the country every weekend. I've been refused bucketloads of times, especially when I was younger. Been refused a fair few times for being locked, too!!!

As a former doorman i am well aware that it happens. Everytime one of these threads comes up i tell the person to contact the PSA.

They never do.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You know OP, if you've only worn that condom this situation wouldn't have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

lol5605 wrote: »
    I decided I might as well go out and just be the DD. I just ring my friends and say I'm going home

Worst. Designated Driver. Ever

• Registered Users Posts: 33,384 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

salonfire wrote: »
    Worst. Designated Driver. Ever

You're not seriously suggesting he actually wait outside the pub until his friends are finished drinking, are you?!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    You're not seriously suggesting he actually wait outside the pub until his friends are finished drinking, are you?!

he should have told the bouncer he would be back, then drive the car into the bouncer and the entrance of club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

This is why i never leave home with out my trusty fake moustache.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

That's the rule...If you're too locked (or in this case sober!) to get in, suck it up and wait till everyone else is done for the night :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Meh, just move on and complain to the manager if you are annoyed. And I've never had Garda ID, no need, he was just a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,384 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

salonfire wrote: »
    That's the rule...If you're too locked (or in this case sober!) to get in, suck it up and wait till everyone else is done for the night :pac:

**** rule!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

lol5605 wrote: »
    So yea, I was up at a friends house and a few people came over for a few can before they hit the pub, I was not drinking because I'm on antibiotics. I decided I might as well go out and just be the DD.

If you couldn't drink because of the anti-biotics, should you really have been driving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Was looking for my mates around Temple Bar a few years back, rang them and they said they were in TBMC so went to the bouncer and said if it was possible to go in and see if my mates were there first before I pay in. He generously said okay but he didn't want to have to come in looking for me so in I go, find my mates and straight back out to thank the bouncer and pay in, and what does he do? Takes me out and refuses me entry! Dick!

Also, my ex girlfriend had some mates from college over from Aberdeen a while back again. On the Saturday, she sent them down to Tesco to get drink and the staff said they could only accept Garda ID even through they all had their Scottish passports and Driving Licences, basically couldn't get drink because they weren't Irish, I love this country!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

the worst case ive seen was a bouncer at barcode one night

took a disliking to my friend for no reason and wouldnt let him in until he went and purchased a burger and ate the burger at the gate in front of the bouncer

the funnyiest part was my friend wasnt even drunk ,hed only had a couple of pints and hes about 16 stone

he got in about 45min later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

FruitLover wrote: »
    Also, get yourself a Garda ID so this crap doesn't happen again (plus it would be a serious pain in the hole if your passport gets lost or nicked)
    Wouldn't have made a difference I'd say. Yer man decided on first look that he wasn't letting the OP in. He probably had a raft of other excuses including the classics "You've had a bit too much to drink" and "Not tonight".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Was looking for my mates around Temple Bar a few years back, rang them and they said they were in TBMC so went to the bouncer and said if it was possible to go in and see if my mates were there first before I pay in. He generously said okay but he didn't want to have to come in looking for me so in I go, find my mates and straight back out to thank the bouncer and pay in, and what does he do? Takes me out and refuses me entry! Dick!

Can't believe this.... why would he let you in in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Degag wrote: »
    Can't believe this.... why would he let you in in the first place?

Because he's a dickhead! believe me, this was not made up, still fuming to this day about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Jesus1222

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He probably didn't want a DD taking up the space of a drinking punter. Not much to be made from a lad drinking water all night.

That logic is idiotic, to put it mildly. Particularly these days. Would he prefer all the friends leave the pub instead?

I would have called the manager out. Ask him if he wants 1 designated driver and 4 customers or does he want to lose 4 customers for the night?

I went to the pub the other night, 1 or 2 of our party were quite bad, I asked the bouncer that same question. I told him times are tough, there are 10 of us, does he want to lose our business for the night? His answer: "alright, go on in lads".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Jesus1222

cybrandian wrote: »
    Bouncers, some of them, are just on sad little power trips...

Generally they're fine and reasonable, 90% are bang on at least in my experience. However there is the significant minority who are absolute horrors who love being difficult and abusing their power. Like many Irish people these days, I've travelled the world over and nowhere will you meet bouncers who are as insanely petty as they are in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

i was told my age card was fake by 2 bouncers, pretty ridiculous

Advertisement