Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastbound and Down [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

• 23-05-2009 3:53am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭

60d840d6c3e9.jpg

I just voted in the TV awards threads and many of my votes were for this show i.e best new character is Kenny Powers by a mile, best Comedy i gave to this too and Katy Mixon mmm (see below), but nobody else has voted for it, and after a search i could find no thread on itso...
    d7325df7-968e-4aaf-9579-97f9aea37933_Main__Image.jpeg

its a HBO comedy from none other than Adam McKay, Danny McBride and Will Ferell (who Cameos in a few eps as Ashley Schaffer the local BMW salesman).

its had one season and its been renewed for another already. Almost nobody i know has seen this show especially if they happen to not be American but its well worth checking out if you get the chance.

I guess a simplistic summary of what its like is one of Ferells sport movie characters (this time baseball) except in a TV series and not starring Ferell but Danny McBride as Kenny Mother Fcuking Powers!

here is just a lil taste :D

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

if that taster wasnt enough check this out, and if you watch the whole thing and dont think Kenny Powers is pure comic gold, then you sir deserve an Ashley Schaffer d!ck slappinTM

so nobody is a fan of this? I honestly think its the best new comedy on TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 FestivalFox

I love east bound and down! It was my favorite show this year. Its been picked up for a second season. Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd describe as OK to be honest..

.. I really didn't think it was all that well-written but Danny McBride is fantastic in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I've been told by a few people to check it out. its on my list.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Yeah I watched it, I liked the character of Kenny Powers but the series didn't live up to my expectations. I felt it would have made a better film rather than a TV series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I'm Kenny "fcukin" Powers. Great show.

basquille wrote: »
    .. I really didn't think it was all that well-written but Danny McBride is fantastic in it!

thing is they pretty much never deliver the scripted lines, just ones that will move the conversation/show in the planned direction. Ive seen a few interviews and making of bits and recall McBride/ferell saying how great the script was then it cuts to writers and minor characters talking about how they pretty much only use the scripted lines once and the rest is improv stuff they come up with on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I've just discovered this show and am loving it.

Danny McBride one of the comedic talents around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

Great show, Danny Mc Bride is brilliant as Kenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

A bit late but I only just discovered this myself. Watched the first episode and thought it was pretty damn funny. look forward to watching the rest, glad to hear it got a second season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

YOU'RE ****IN OUT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Its good but it gets very low brow and lazy at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Last week I found a 16G usb key with the complete 1st series of Eastbound & Down on it - score!

I'm limiting myself to 1 episode a week, trying to drag it out like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

FX UK has picked up this show it starts soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Starts on FX UK on Thurs 1 October at 10pm according to Digital Spy premier list page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

just watched the season, thought it very funny. and as for the eye candy...mmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

This show is hilarious. Just finished season 1. Can't wait for the follow ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭Lazare

Funniest scene I've seen in a long time........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Finished watching this last week. Can't believed I missed it for so long.

It's the funniest thing I've seen since Curb. It's absolutely superb, side-splittingly funny and has a little bit of a dark edge.

I read that HBO have commissioned a second series. Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Muh, I only watched the pilot and didn't think much of it. It's no surprise Will Ferrell is a writer for the show, it instantly reminded me of Talladega Nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Sorry to drag this up but does anyone know when season 2 starts and is FX showing it again.

I have to say for me its been the funniest show all year. Kenny is a legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et9-itE5qns

This was one of my favourite parts. Kenny Powers "Work Drugs" Ecstacy Dance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Only saw this show for the first time recently. It's brilliant.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just finished watching the first season. When's the second?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just finished watching the first season. When's the second?

A start date should be announced in the next few weeks... I'd imagine it'll be sometime between now and the end of April...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I only came around to this show last week. I really can't praise it highly enough. Instantly accessible, side splittingly funny, and has it has a dark streak. Fantastic stuff. Bring on season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When is Season 2 starting on HBO?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I know its a marketing scam but some of the shows tweets are genius. http://twitter.com/k****ingp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

Kenny Powers is a frecking legend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

If there's one thing I hate it's losing.

If there's two things I hate it's losing.....and getting cancer.

Advertisement