Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastbound and Down [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

saw it last night very good i loved the midget and the mice and men joke was brilliant cant wait for next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

HAHAHA Great 1st episode, missed the original cast tho. That midget was well gas, reminded me of the Indian guy from 40 year old virgin.

Loved when the 3 boys were cruising around and just generally being dicks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Some ok parts, but in general it wasn't great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

OisinT wrote: »
    Some ok parts, but in general it wasn't great.

Agreed. I am starting to think that part of the appeal of the first season was the shock value.

Nothing on Always Sunny anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Agreed. I am starting to think that part of the appeal of the first season was the shock value.

Nothing on Always Sunny anyway..
    Totally agree, it was the antics of not knowing what he was going to do next. Now it's just kind of :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Loved the new episode,gonna be very funny when he gets into playing for his new team!

Awesome music used aswell!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New season is different, but i think that it's good.
    Poor Big Red......gotta love the training machine that KP had for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i miss april and her assets :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

i miss april and her assets :rolleyes:
    you can start watchin Mike & Molly, she is in that....not called April, but still still asset-tastic. :D

HAHAHAHHAH

Funnyordie.com has the Kenny Powers halloween costume. There is a link to download the mask. just print it off. Have mine on my fridge at the moment!

http://www.funnyordie.com/stories/ad01d054c8/make-your-own-kenny-powers-halloween-costume

• Advertisement

Loved the new episode. That was some intro!!
    Stevie
    is one of the best characters on the show,
    glad he's back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I don't want to name any names.....but Seattle can tongue kiss my sh*thole.

There is no I in team....but there is a U in c*nt.....

Love it.

There's no U in C*nts had me in stitches!

What was it Stevie said at the strip club? "Look, you can see in your a**hole all the way to her p*ssy"

Kenny - "I'm pretty sure they're not connected like that"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

thank you internet,something new to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

HBO confirms that it has renewed two Sunday night comedies. Bored to Death, the private detective comedy starring Jason Schwartzman, Zach Galifianakis, and Ted Danson, and Eastbound & Down, the Danny McBride comedy, will each be returning for a third season.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I'm hugely disappointed by Season 2. I loved Season 1 and was expecting a lot this year but it's really failed on all levels. It has none of the originality of Season 1, it just seems to be Kenny Powers by the numbers with a few slapstick jokes thrown in for good measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I'm hugely disappointed by Season 2. I loved Season 1 and was expecting a lot this year but it's really failed on all levels. It has none of the originality of Season 1, it just seems to be Kenny Powers by the numbers with a few slapstick jokes thrown in for good measure.

I agree but in fairness the last 3 episodes were pretty decent and it did return to form. Looking forward to series 3.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It was a lack lustre season in all fairness. I don't think the last few weeks have redeemed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

Haddockman wrote: »
    It was a lack lustre season in all fairness. I don't think the last few weeks have redeemed it.

I thought it was a very good season from a comedy that was never meant to be more than one season.

I thought it was a very good season from a comedy that was never meant to be more than one season.

Have to agree, it took some adjustment at the start of S2 but picked up after that and went form strength to strength. Great finale as well.

• Advertisement

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/11/eastbound-and-down-scoop-in-and-out-after-three/
    Oh no, say it ain’t so, Kenny Powers! At a Paley Center tribute to HBO’s cult hit Eastbound and Down in Los Angeles Thursday, star Danny McBride (Kenny Powers) laid some not-so-pleasant news on the 800 or so fans who attended the session: He and fellow executive producer Jody Hill aren’t looking to go beyond a third season.
    Yikes!
    “We never really had an interest in turning the show into anything traditional,” McBride told the crowd. “We approach each season like it’s one long movie.” Gee, does HBO know you’re already prepared to call it quits? Anyway, the half-hour comedy that also stars Steve Little is expected to return sometime in early 2012. (Yes, we know, a looooong time from now).
    McBride and Hill said they already know how Kenny’s journey will end. Gulp.
    So what’s the plan for season 3? The guys couldn’t spill much — they’re writing it as we speak — but they did say Kenny will return to Shelby, N.C. Katy Mixon’s April Buchanon - who was missing during season 2 when the big guy went to Mexico — will be back, as will Stevie and his new wife Maria (Lisa De Razzo). Unfortunately, McBride wouldn’t spill when asked if the Oscar-nominated John Hawkes will reprise his role as Kenny’s brother Dustin Powers.
    And the night wouldn’t have been complete if someone didn’t address Charlie Sheen. Fortunately, McBride was ready to take aim: He gave a shout-out to the website that asks readers to figure out if a quote was from his character or the ex-star of Two and A Half Men. Hill admitted he had a hard time guessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Had never even heard of this til last week when a pal of mine gave me the first season. Hilarious. I loved it. Season 2 is a little disappointing, I gather?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I'm going to give this one another chance. I watched the first episode way back when and found it crass and unfunny. It has a rabid following now though so maybe I was wrong.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/07/jason-sudeikis-eastbound-down-saturday-night-liv/

Jason Sudeikis has signed on for a recurring role on HBO comedy Eastbound & Down, the network confirmed on Thursday. (Variety first reported the news.) The Saturday Night Live star — whose big-screen comedy Horrible Bosses opens tomorrow — will play a new pal of Kenny Powers (Danny McBride). Season 3 of Eastbound & Down is currently shooting in Myrtle Beach, S.C.

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Season 2 is a little disappointing, I gather?

I think Aaron will disagree with you there. Season 2 is a must watch for him alone!

tumblr_la55m0hEWv1qznvyvo1_500.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Fingers crossed Season 3 will be better than the sh*te they churned out in Season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed Season 3 will be better than the sh*te they churned out in Season 2.

should be april is back :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Stevie is a legend and I though Series was hilarious! Especially that midget

Advertisement