Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastbound and Down [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Just finished season 2, pretty good stuff again.

The quote about 3D :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Roll on February
    Kenny f**king Powers is back. Eastbound & Down returns to HBO for its' third season Sunday, February 19th at 10PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That was brilliant, classic kenny. The changing room scene with the back and fourth with shane was hilarious. Looking forward to stevies return!

Here is the changing room scene. Just quality!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

brilliant opener but no stevie makes me sad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Needs more Pat Anderson. Possibly one of the funniest characters on any TV show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Fantastic return to form from Eastbound. Loved the first episode.

Has Stevie left the show?

Stevie will be back and hes not too happy about shane replacing him as best friend

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Bit of a sad episode, hope it doesn't dwell too long.

Best lined was when he likened his baby to Michael Chiklis from The Shield :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Great return for Kenny F*cking Powers. The Michael Chiklis line nearly caused my death from falling off my chair on to strategically placed lego by my kids.

One odd thing that I noticed, when he goes to the fridge after removing last nights dong bag from his cheek, there is a shoe in the fridge. Its an NB shoe, is this some sort of product placement going on? I know that he is the face of NB now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

"This is your fault Jimmy you little f*cker"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

McSpud wrote: »
    Bit of a sad episode, hope it doesn't dwell too long.

Best lined was when he likened his baby to Michael Chiklis from The Shield :p

I loved that. I used to call my kid Chiklis for the first six months of his life for the same reason.

season 3 - episode 2. best episode ever **** me 10/10 brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

"His body is rejecting the Pepsi"

the dinner scene was just 100 per cent eccentric comedy gold

What a strange episode, Ashley Schaeffer rubbing himself off your mans gun hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

Hey, maybe it's just me but I thought the second episode of Season 3 was by far the worst they've put out yet - started quite strong but once they amped up the surreal in Schaeffers "old south" home it just went off the rails, and not in a good way.

The pushed the bizarre slant a little too far - E&D works best when it's rooted in some kind of reality where Kenny's sheer obnoxiousness collides with "regular" people, I fear Ferrell's influence was all over the dinner scene. He can be funny, but also off the mark quite frequently.

Hoping the 3rd episode picks up where the first left off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Hey, maybe it's just me but I thought the second episode of Season 3 was by far the worst they've put out yet - started quite strong but once they amped up the surreal in Schaeffers "old south" home it just went off the rails, and not in a good way.

The pushed the bizarre slant a little too far - E&D works best when it's rooted in some kind of reality where Kenny's sheer obnoxiousness collides with "regular" people, I fear Ferrell's influence was all over the dinner scene. He can be funny, but also off the mark quite frequently.

Couldn't agree more, it was half a great episode. Especially after episode one was so strong !!!

I thought it was brilliant throughout. Ashley schaeffer is hilarious and the black house keeper was very funny. It was rather surreal for an eastbound and down episode but I don't think we will ever see it again this surreal it was more than likely a once off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

I wasn't so keen on Schaeffer in series 1 but last episode was just too bizarre, sick, weird (take your pick) I couldn't help laughing. One thing for sure, you either loved or hated that episode, no middle ground.

Cherry blossom...Apocalypto :D

Btw the doors on the truck are nuts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

McSpud wrote: »
    I wasn't so keen on Schaeffer in series 1 but last episode was just too bizarre, sick, weird (take your pick) I couldn't help laughing. One thing for sure, you either loved or hated that episode, no middle ground.

Cherry blossom...Apocalypto :D

Btw the doors on the truck are nuts.

Those 'Suicide Doors' were all the rage for a while....now apparently they are just for white trash....especially on a ridiculous pick-up.

I thought that episode was excellent throughout, the baby in the bag eating lettuce, rejecting the Pepsi, the scene in Aprils office, APOCALYPTO!, trying to give the baby to Dusty and his wife.......so much excellence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I am really enjoying the new season. It is back to its best from season 1. Was not that impressed with the second season, it had it's moments though. Ivan is the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Great episode this week - cracked up at the scene with the trident where he was trying to initiate Ivan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Some serious quality in the most recent episode. Really looking forward to tonight/tomorrows episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Season 3 starting on FX this Thursday - thought Sky had grabbed it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

That scene at the college dorm is a contender for the funniest from any series... :pac:

Only Kenny Powers can turn a funeral into a celebration of him.

Stevie 'meditating' on the beach was hilarious.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Only Kenny Powers can turn a funeral into a celebration of him.

Stevie 'meditating' on the beach was hilarious.

The 2 best scenes of the episode!

"Now we know who Goose is" hahaha. You know when the black jeans and shirt go on, he is gonna step it up a notch.

Stevie "get that p*ssy out! get that p*ssy out!!"

And what a bad 'ending' for Stevie

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The 2 best scenes of the episode!

"Now we know who Goose is" hahaha. You know when the black jeans and shirt go on, he is gonna step it up a notch.

Stevie "get that p*ssy out! get that p*ssy out!!"

And what a bad 'ending' for Stevie

Completely forgot about the Maverick/Goose thing! Brilliant.

"We're gonna do what they do next".........rookie move by Stevie, you never commit to that without a solo pre-watching of the movie.

Advertisement