Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M3 Route map

• 23-05-2009 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can find a detailed map of the M3 motorway? I work near the Clonee section (start of the M3), and I see a lot of development, bridges and new roads being built, but I've no idea of the layout. The map on the m3motorway.ie website is atrocious!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Bards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Thanks Bards, but I was looking for something that was more detailed, showing all the access roads and junction layouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

http://www.m3motorway.ie/RelatedContent/file,13987,en.pdf Best I can find you unfortunately, the M3motorway.ie site is archaeology obsessed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

If you are talking about the bridge/culvert like structure on the west of the existing N3, that is an exit ramp for Dunboyne. You can see the trees being cut for it just north of Clonee on the N3 dual carriage-way

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I've been wondering about this for a while - will the M3 be full motorway all the way to the County Meath/Cavan border or will it be D2 or S2 beyond Kells?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I've been wondering about this for a while - will the M3 be full motorway all the way to the County Meath/Cavan border or will it be D2 or S2 beyond Kells?

It will be M 3 as far as the junction of the M 3 and the N 52; it being the new Kells ring Road. From there it will be a wide single lane road to the Cavan border.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hamndegger wrote: »
    From there it will be a wide single lane road to the Cavan border.
    Don't you mean single cariageway? :)
    Map of M3‏
    Sent: 23 May 2009 19:01:39
    To: info@eurolink-m3.ie; m3motorwayjv@siacferrovial.com; reception@m3nrasiteoffice.com; info@meathcoco.ie

Hi,

Where can I get meaningful maps of the M3 - one where I can see how junctions are laid out and so on?

This map is really mediocre (shiny, but doesn't really tell you much and watch out for the spelling and other mistakes): http://www.eurolink-m3.ie/project_map.html While it claims to be interactive, all it does is move about - you can't click on anything to interact with.

This website only deals with archaeology: www.m3motorway.ie

The detailed maps that were on the county council site seem to be gone.

Victor

http://www.m3motorway.ie/RelatedContent/file,13986,en.pdf

Dear Victor

During the planning phase 2001 to 2006 Meath County Council placed information about the M3 Motorway Scheme on the website. During the construction phase the contract is managed by the National Roads Authority and the Public Private Partnership Concessionaire

This is a link to a section on the M3 Website called " Background to the Scheme" from here you can open the link to the above map and there are also link to the Volume 1 and Volume 2 of the Environmental Impact Statement this is an over view of the scheme .

I agree there is no detail drawing of the interchanges on the website at present .I will request the NRA / Euro link to prepare drawings for the website as this will be important information for the public when to the motorway opening to traffic in 2010.

This office has preliminary design drawings AO Scale 1:2500 on display since 2002, there are 47 drawing for the scheme .If you require a specific section these drawing are available for the sum of €30.00 Euro each

There are also preliminary design drawings in some of the volumes of the E.I.S. published for each of the five sections of the scheme . The volumes cost €45.00 Euro each.

IF you wish to call to our office and select some of the pages of these volumes we can copy them for a nominal fee.

Aine Keane
    Administrative Officer,
    National Roads Design Office,,
    Navan Enterprise Centre,
    Trim Road,
    Navan,
    Co.Meath.

WEB: www.meath.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭nordydan

It will be M 3 as far as the junction of the M 3 and the N 52; it being the new Kells ring Road. From there it will be a wide single lane road to the Cavan border.

I think its 2+2 until past Carnaross but I may be mistaken...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

AFAIK, the section from Kells to the Cavan border will be a 2+2 (Type 2 Dual). Originally, it was to be a WS2, then a 2+1 (Type 3 Dual).

Regards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Took them long enough :D

Advertisement