Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to book flights to Oz?

Options
  • 23-05-2009 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi
    Can anyone tell me where might be the cheapest place (website/travel agent etc) to book flights at the moment?

I've checked with trailfinders and they are a bit dear at the moment.

Looking to fly Dub-Mel via singapore and the way over. and hoping to stop off in Thailand on the way home

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Lon - Melbourne is cheap

Try www.amadeus.net

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Winter

Last three times I have flown to Australia I have found that flying from somewhere in Europe/UK is cheaper. i.e. book the flight from there and get a cheap flight to where you are flying from

I have generally chosen a Rome, Paris, Frankfurt just because I hate Heathrow

I usually look on sites like www.kayak.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭paulg1770

im flying dub,frankfurt,singapour to melbourne on thursday with quantas from trail finders for 619euro. youll be lucky to get it for 50euro less

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pink16

This may be a stupid question...
    When I'm searching for flights and I put in departure dates (eg flying out 7.09.09) and return dates a year from then, the website says that I cannot book so far in advance for a return ticket.

So if I book a ticket with a return flight dated within 1 year from now that means my ticket would be for coming back May next year.

I presume this can be changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Pink16 wrote: »
    This may be a stupid question...
    When I'm searching for flights and I put in departure dates (eg flying out 7.09.09) and return dates a year from then, the website says that I cannot book so far in advance for a return ticket.

So if I book a ticket with a return flight dated within 1 year from now that means my ticket would be for coming back May next year.

I presume this can be changed?
    Yes, but ye'd hafta pay mad fees

better to just book the return flight later

AFAIK You either need a return flight, or money for your flight home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I'm heading out next month.

Plan is to Ryanair it to Stansted for 50, the Air Asia it to Malaysia for about 300 then onto Brisbane for about 60.

That's the plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mdrizzle

Jus flew into Oz 2 days ago, Flew dub to London (heathrow) wit aerlingus for E49 (not incl tax's) Then flew Lon-Brisbane (6 hr stop over in hong kong) with Cathay Pacific for E406.00 total (incl Tax's) Only bough 1 way tickets cos dunno when or how I fancy travelling home :rolleyes:, but check out prices with individual airlines instead of just through travel agents, can work out cheaper but it can be bit of a headache getting organised.
    Found Cathay were cheapest out of most airlines, tried British Airways, Qantas, Emerites, and Ethiate (not sure if spelling of last airline is right) I only booked the flights 5 days before I left Ireland so the prices were a bit higher than if u book 6 months in advance

Advertisement