Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

victory is min..........NOOOOOOOOOO!

Options
  • 23-05-2009 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

we have all had that painful moment when we are on the verge of victory but then for some strange reason something happens that fu*ks it all up!

most painful moment Empire strikes back on the snes, Darth Vader has almost no life left and im blocking all the crap hes throwing at me, and then for some reason (or when i was smashing buttons and dpads) , i decide to throw myself off a random ledge (no i did not try and renact the movie!)

oohh the pain!

i could talk about sf2 trying to get the special ending buts its too painful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Warning: some of what I've said here might be considered spoilers for Ninja Gaiden II

For me, those moments are very common in Ninja Gaiden II. They seriously take the p*ss in some parts.

Halo on legendary is pretty insane but can be beaten if you're patient but still, sometimes you can be faced with 3 red elites that don't give you a chance to recharge your shield and good night.

For a specific moment, Halo on legendary, in the second level "Halo" the bit where three waves of covenant come after you before you drive the warthog into the cave. It was just completely ridiculous that I had to hide in one of the structures and just time my attacks but still though, Ninja Gaiden II is much worse. The bit where you have to fight the 2 giant armadillos. If there is a more difficult bit after, please don't spoil it for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

most recent one for me is the ufc game, you batter someone about the place , knock them down but not out, and dive on them to finish the fight which you then lose by getting arm barred or choked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Leprekaun wrote: »
    sometimes you can be faced with 3 red elites that don't give you a chance to recharge your shield

Sometimes you can be faces with 3 red rings, that's a real buzz kill too.

This thread reminds me of that JCVD gif.

breakin.gif

.. no.. you know...the other one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Can't... Tear... Eyes... Away...

I get quite annoyed during COD4 sabotage games when one lone enemy somehow manages to avoid the dozen grenades, the the machine guns, and defuses the bomb against all the odds with a fraction of a second to go. They invariably die straight after, but damage done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Spent hours doing the 100 floor dungeon in Wild Arms 3 with no save points in it, finally got to the 100th floor and as I was dealing literally the final blow to the super-hard boss at the end - bzzzzzzzzzzzz! The PS2 crashes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Grayditch wrote: »

breakin.gif

W T F is that from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I see your spandex dancing and raise you an erection on a tv show.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I remember being about to complete Donkey Kong Country on the SNES for the first time, when a 3 year old kid (kid of one of my mam's friends) decided to walk up and press the reset button just as King K. Rool was in his death throes. Little b@$t@rd/

Also when playing The World Is not Enough on N64 I had just killed the last bad guy. Now, with only a tiny bit of health left I walked off a small ledge. The tiny bump that ensued was enough to kill me. All I had to do was walk througha door and the game was finished :(

Advertisement