Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.2 patch

• 23-05-2009 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Another patch announced, with "major" content updates?

Have to say we are spoilt with designers that actually do ****. I know there is alot of talk about " o wow is noob game now no skill" ( which is bull**** its still hard in places) I for one am happy theres loads of updates and they are working hard.

Remember this is the company that made chess cool ( ala starcraft) a near 100% perfect balanced game, and that took nearly 8-9 years.

The main points of the new patch

The upcoming major content patch, Call of the Crusade, will bring a host of new features for World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King.

* The Argent Tournament Expands: With the help of Azeroth's heroes, the Argent Crusade will finish the Argent Coliseum just in time to call for all brave citizens to prepare for battle with the Lich King. New dailies, rewards, and more will be available at the Argent Tournament grounds to lure adventurers into the coliseum.
    * Crusaders' Coliseum: In order to prepare for a siege on Icecrown Citadel, players will be called by the Argent Crusade to test their mettle in the Coliseum. 5-player, 10-player, and 25-player challenges await inside.
    * New Battleground: Isle of Conquest, a new large-scale siege Battleground, will be open. The Horde and Alliance will battle head-to-head for control of strategic resources to lay siege to the keeps of their opponents.
    * New Arena Season: Season 7 will officially start, paving the way for all-new items and challenges.

I am going heavy into pvp with some friends when i ding the lock to 80 ( ****ing struggle) but it looks like we will be able to have some fun around the Argent Crusade, which to me looks a very interesting plot line and scenario ( yes im gay i read quests)

A new battleground is always a welcome addition. I always felt wow took a hit when they introduced battlegrounds, that the world wasnt as dangerous anymore. I remember spending hours in hillsbrad pvping...and youd literally between yourself gather bout 40-50 peeps and assault down the hill into southshore etc, it was epic. I felt BG's took alot away from the pvp aspect, putting pvpers into a box...far far away. And it cumilated in a huge amount of people just milking Honour points.

Looking forward to it, swetting for 80 at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Hmmm....Sounds interesting indeed, any idea on the time line for this? As in when its expected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    Hmmm....Sounds interesting indeed, any idea on the time line for this? As in when its expected?
    I would say 3 months atleast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Any source, TheDoc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

mmo-champion.com ivan

I'd hardly call this a "major" content patch, although if they can get it through a bit quicker than 3.1 it would be nice.

a new quick raid instance is nice and one can only hope the AT dailys will become a little more enjoyable
    I remember spending hours in hillsbrad pvping...and youd literally between yourself gather bout 40-50 peeps and assault down the hill into southshore etc, it was epic.

Yawn, if you define epic as "massive zerg causing slideshow and crashes" then, yeh it was.

Dustaz wrote: »
    mmo-champion.com ivan

I'd hardly call this a "major" content patch, although if they can get it through a bit quicker than 3.1 it would be nice.

a new quick raid instance is nice and one can only hope the AT dailys will become a little more enjoyable

Yawn, if you define epic as "massive zerg causing slideshow and crashes" then, yeh it was.

It's big enough, it will go through the same process Ulduar went through, most of the time is spent tuning the bosses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

definition of when blizz says "soon"
    Soon: Coprite 2004-2009 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »
    definition of when blizz says "soon"
    Soon: Coprite 2004-2009 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

So next week is out of the question then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Thankful for a new BG for sure but I still wish they'd bring back the old neverending AV that went on for hours (sometimes days!). As it is now it's just a rush to see if Horde can stop Alliance winning it in less than 10 minutes.

WinterGrasp is good though, took me a while to get into it but I find I'm even spending a lot more time there outside of the battles, even just fishing or herbing.

There was talk of the next major content patch having an overhaul of the dual weild capabilities for DK's - no mention in the patch notes you posted but here's hoping !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Thankful for a new BG for sure but I still wish they'd bring back the old neverending AV that went on for hours (sometimes days!). As it is now it's just a rush to see if Horde can stop Alliance winning it in less than 10 minutes.

WinterGrasp is good though, took me a while to get into it but I find I'm even spending a lot more time there outside of the battles, even just fishing or herbing.

There was talk of the next major content patch having an overhaul of the dual weild capabilities for DK's - no mention in the patch notes you posted but here's hoping !

Aint seen that talk anywhere except rumour fro players, nothing confirmed that i can see.

And hillsbrad pvp was epic fun imo, never had any problems on the server i was on. Me and mates would be there for hours on end trying to take southshore, at level 30, when it clearly was never going to happen.

But we were innocent and nieve...o where did it all go :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Barely got into Ulduar yet never mind startin raidin a new raid :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

As it is now it's just a rush to see if Horde can stop Alliance winning it in less than 10 minutes.

Not on Misery! I played a bg last night where it took about 10mins for us to get a kill against the Horde team. Granted I'm only in the 60-69 level grouping, but so far my experience with battlegrounds is that the Horde teams work together while only a handful of Alliance players ever do.

Extra content is always welcome IMO. The more the better!

Notorious wrote: »
    Not on Misery! I played a bg last night where it took about 10mins for us to get a kill against the Horde team. Granted I'm only in the 60-69 level grouping, but so far my experience with battlegrounds is that the Horde teams work together while only a handful of Alliance players ever do.

Extra content is always welcome IMO. The more the better!

I play on miserable Misery BG :(

It is very very rare that Horde come together and actually fight Alliance or defend at all.

But anyway yeah, new content is welcome indeed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Its the same anywhere i predict lads unless your in a premade, i was in conviction and am now in misery and dont see any difference :rolleyes:

But yeah i wish they made AV like it used to be, if ever i had any free wow time id be in AV with my rogue running a muck :D

I find it hard to enjoy any BG these days :(

I'm also kinda getting bored of all this "siege vehicle" crap its boooooring, can we go back to player vs player plz blizz ;D

WinterGrasp is good though, took me a while to get into it
    !

Can orther servers actually play WG, on Kazzak we have about 20 seconds to cast something when fighting in WG, it's completely usless to play it for fun, people just go through the motions so get the emblems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

KilOit wrote: »
    Can orther servers actually play WG, on Kazzak we have about 20 seconds to cast something when fighting in WG, it's completely usless to play it for fun, people just go through the motions so get the emblems.

Yeah my first WG on kazzak wasn't fun at all, nor has it been. On my other server i play on there is little to no lag, kazzak is a bloody joke. I run in like a lunatic naturally as i know i have a good chance of living as its soo laggy. I spend about 20mins beating the crap out of some poor clothy whos blinking around the screen and hes a priest, and then i get hit with every spell you can name in super fast sequence and im dead and it takes about 5minutes to release :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Its become a bit easier now for the attackers with the death from above tactic, that way they can get the kills early, avoid the turrets completely, and get the vehicles to rolling. I remember before people started doing this, that as a shadowpriest (aoetastic), sometimes the battle would end and it would only have recorded me damaging like 4 players heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

TheDoc wrote: »
    Another patch announced, with "major" content updates?

Have to say we are spoilt with designers that actually do ****

In what way are we being Spoilt exactly? :s

They are making a HUGE amount of money from WOW. The least they should be doing is giving regular new content.

To be honest, they should really offer more than they do.

KilOit wrote: »

Yeah it's fine on the server I'm an anyway, lags sometimes maybe if there's more than say 4 x 40 full Horde raids going on at the same time as probably the same amount of Alliance.

That's still a huge amount of players and it can be great fun most of the time.

Horde seem to win on our server probably 80% + it seems at the moment, seem to always have the buff up horde side.

Found something in regards the new patch notes, new art for Druid forms that changes with the colour of your hair...

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/druid-forms.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Wintergrasp is probably the worst implementation of anything in wow since WOTLK or any other expansion for that matter.

On busy servers like mine, Wintergrasp slows the entire server down to a crawl and its not unusual for it to crash the world server. At the peak of its disturbance, it somehow managed to lag raid instances also, making bosses next to impossible. In wintergrasp itself, combat is impossible due to massive lag issues and the entire idea of the zone is lost up its own arsèhole. There is zero skill or enjoyment or fun to be had out of the zone apart from the fishing daily that sends you there and the raid boss in it.

Blizzard KNEW this would happen on full servers because they saw the utter shambles that was TM/SS when the honor system was introduced.

What possesed them to introduce a non-instanced large scaled pvp thing like this was pure lunacy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭bla

while i do agree with lee, I think the main problem is that there is not enough objectives. Most people just zerg the main gate to get rank up to get vehicles and then do some more zerging. That many people in one small area is what is messing it up. The Zone itself is fairly large but 90% of it is wasted space

And yeah it really does mess up raiding to the point where we do 3x 10 man ulduars on a Wednesday night rather than a 25 man as its impossible to do anything ( hard modes ). We could probably get by on normal modes but trying to learn/progress on hard modes is impossible.

edit : I see you are still playing drakar, I remember leveling up with you on bladefist many moons ago :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement