Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

70-200 needed..

• 23-05-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

I have a shoot coming up that I need a Canon 70-200 L (preferably the 2.8 IS). I'm being quoted 250 euro to rent one (which is more than I can afford). Is there anyone who could help me out? A small fee is possible. I have insurance. I'll need it for the full day of the 13th June (it's a Saturday).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,508 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Good luck if you can get a loan from a fellow boardie. If not, Conns are quoting 150 for the weekend rental on the 2.8L IS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Incidentally I'm looking at this lens myself. Can find the F4 version on ebay for about €500 but not sure if I'm loosing out compared to the f2.8 one. Can anyone give me any advice? I'm not buying for a particular reason (right now), I just wand a very good, solid, worthwhile investment in a zoom lens.

Also, anyone have any advice on buying in America? I'm over there in a few weeks but can't get solid info. on pricing compared to here and if it's worth it considering ebay prices...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Can't help you project.. although when I do buy I'll be going for the best I can get. So 2.8 all the way...

I called Conns yesterday, and as it's priced marginally above €2000 (I think it's 2,200) the rental for the weekend is 250 :( I won't be buying from them to qualify on the refund, so its just a bit too much on the steep side.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I've a Haminex f4.5 80-205 that fits my Canon A1.

It's a Haminex MC automatic f4.5 (if you want to google it).

It may well be not what your looking for but it is 80-205 that fits Canon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I can sort u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Aimed at sinead and 2.8 yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Janer you're a star :D Firing off a PM now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Didnt think you had an IS one Janer?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The community works :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭Germag

Projectmayhem, check out www.bhphotovideo.com and www.jr.com both in Manhattan N.Y. I have used both, prices very good, much cheaper then here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement