Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ziltoid the Omniscient

Options
  • 23-05-2009 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard of Devin Townsend? He's a Canadian musician. He brought out an album last year called Ziltoid the Omniscient, it told a story... well I guess you'll have to find it to know fully what the story is.

Anyway, me and my boyfriend are doing a graphic novel of it! Here are some crappy quality photos of our work. I'm not sure what the fan base here in Ireland is... But I'm from Cork and I've loved him for years.

2iroiol.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hah, that's awesome! Ziltoid The Omniscient was a great album, although I know some people didn't like it being a concept album. Should make for an interesting comic - I'm very curious to see what you're going to do for the last song in particular...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Fysh wrote: »
    Hah, that's awesome! Ziltoid The Omniscient was a great album, although I know some people didn't like it being a concept album. Should make for an interesting comic - I'm very curious to see what you're going to do for the last song in particular...
    We're still working on the storyboard, we decided to do a feasibility test before progressing. We have Dev's approval! I showed him it on twitter and he said it was really cool!

On an unrelated note, have you heard Ki? It's outstanding...

I sort of wish I was a bit better at painting. I dunno if I'll be able to do it justice, y'know? I might buy a few nice watercolour pencils, they'd be easier to control.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I can imagine it taking a lot of work, and possibly needing more than one style to properly represent the story from the album. I suppose the main thing is not to rush it.

I didn't even realise KI was out - last time I'd been paying attention there hadn't been any news on new albums. I'm off to buy the download from Play now, so thanks for the heads up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DermofthedeaD

huge fan of the devman himself, and i love the ziltoid album! always imagined dev could have either made a pupper show or play animations on a screen while performing the album live!

i'd love to see a graphic novel of ziltoid and see how you and your partner represent each of the different songs, i can only imagine it would be super!

keep up the good work and keep me poster :D

DotD

Advertisement