Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow Silk - Help

Options
  • 23-05-2009 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

holmestead to the rescue - problem solved!!

Probably a strange question but does anybody know where i'd get a plain yellow silk. my friend needs it by 31st as he's going racing.

we've looked on ebay and tried saddlerys around..

any ideas?

Cheers

Wicked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

There are always a few ads in the Irish Field by companies who make racing silks/colours.

Can't remember names off the top of my head, though - sorry!

Which point-to-point are you going to? Ballingarry? Bet you can't wait! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

i'm not sure where he's going i think he said something about tipperary. he asked me to look online for him cos he's never turned on a pc! :D

i felt stupid after posting cos i had forgot about holmestead and said i'd have a quick check on their site. having said that whats on their site dosn't mean is in store! so fingers crossed.

any p2p meetings for you coming up? there near an end now

Wicked

Hope they have what you want - if the worst comes to the worst you could always buy a yellow rugby jersey which'd do... (I've seen it done before!) The other option is to buy a white one and dye it and buy material to stitch on if there are any other colours required - i.e. band across the middle, hoops on sleeves, etc. There must be huge excitement in the yard this week :)

No, nothing coming up for me now :( was at Stradbally on Sunday - they had a marathon day - 15 races! - we had to leave at 18.00 and they hadn't even started the 5th race on the card - all but one of the races was divided....

I'd love to try get down to Ballingarry on Saturday or Sunday, but not sure if I'll make it... I'll see how things go this week.... It's just not the same having a horse... Still, I'll be breaking a youngster this summer, so hopefully he'll be ready for February next year.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

well he has the colours just needed the silk. got in Burren equestrian. A great saddlery that i've started using lately.

i was in stradbally. i think they milked it a bit now with 15 races. Did you hear about the first race? big mess up in it 12 horses there and weren't aloud run!! one man came up from cork apparently :eek: how mad would ya be.

whats the youngster by? have you started on him/her yet? Is p2p the aim?

Wicked

I only got there for the 'off' of the first division of the first race, but my friend told me about it. It's desperate to think you were going to get a run only to find that, because of a printing error in the card, your horse couldn't run.

I went to the ptp in Tattersalls in April there were a quite a few blank pages in the racecard and the horses were still able to run...

• Advertisement
Advertisement