Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Htc G1, Router Question

• 23-05-2009 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi there,
    Im David and this is my first post!

Anyway to the meat and patatos, I recently bought a English version of the HTC G1 or Google Phone. I bought it pre-unlocked so no problems their also i have already synced it with my Gmail accout, Im with 3 ireland so i did not need a data plan to acccess the internet for syncing. Now i have a phone up and running but i have one small problem, the phone will indeed connect to my internet bt it will drop out after i try to broswe or go to the apps market. I have ZyEXL router and have tryed with or with out sercurity. Lastly i have already tryed Wifi Lock etc to no joy. Please if anyone has any ideas i would be greatful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

So you can browse to any site using your wifi connection to your router?

Afaik i know you can only use the market apps through a network connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 David O' Regan

Ehh the problem is i can do both with the Wifi but only to an extent, I get about as far with Google when using the browser and then i get the error message, Same idea for the apps store. Thanks for the reply and again if you have any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

So you cant get to any site then? Google may just appear but you are not actually connected, as soon as you try to search you get this error?

This is probably more of a router problem than a problem with the phone. Its most likely just a security setting. You said you tried without security, so do you mean you turned of the WEP? What model ZyXEL do you have, you may need to add the mac address to the router to allow it access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 David O' Regan

Davy wrote: »
    So you cant get to any site then? Google may just appear but you are not actually connected, as soon as you try to search you get this error?

This is probably more of a router problem than a problem with the phone. Its most likely just a security setting. You said you tried without security, so do you mean you turned of the WEP? What model ZyXEL do you have, you may need to add the mac address to the router to allow it access.

No i cannot get onto any site at all, i think you are right google is all that will apper but i cannot search anything as i dont think im connected as yes it takes about 10-20 seconds for this error to appear.

Yes i uave tryed with and with out WAP/WEP etc all the variations also ive tryed with these on aswell, As for setting up the Mac for the router could you possibly out line how to do it for the G1.

Thank you

Advertisement