Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unemployment: Rehabilitation???

• 23-05-2009 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

I've been out of work now for along time now a year maybe two..I've lost track of time. I've found that I have become a bit withdrawn from people and society because of this. Has anyone else experienced this and will we need some sort of rehabilitation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

It's easy to become depressed and demotivated when unemployed. It's important to keep up hobbies and interests, get some physical exercise and maybe to do some voluntary work to having a feeling of belonging/ contributing to society.; and to be involved with people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

i have to say im in the same boat. i wa sout of work last year for 6 months and when i got back i was in great form. ive been off since the end of january now and the last week or so ive noticed my mood is down. ive a college interview next week thank god but its not a good state of mind for me a s a 25 year old or anyone else for that matter.

I gave up spirits last year also and noticed a massive difference in my mood. i was a lot happier but im kinda back to square 1 now. but the only thing keeping me going is the prospect of college in september and getting out of the house. my only association with the outside world these days is at the weekend. its not healthy at all!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

2 *YEARS* on the dole? Have you really been trying to find a job? Have you got hobbies? Have you considered voluntary work?

You're bound to feel depressed if you have nothing to fill your days with.

Advertisement