Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

toronto canada

• 23-05-2009 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm heading to Canada by myself on the 28th of May and staying downtown.

Would anyone have any suggestions on good places to meet fellow travelers or good social areas if not the hostel itself?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Are you staying in Global Village backpackers Hostel by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nathanhatch

Nope i'm stayin in Canadiana Backpackers Inn

i was looking at that one too i think its close to were I'm staying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

How old are you?

ha you cut no corners i'm 24

lol

I'd say the hostel tbh.

Don't know if it's in full swing yet but I think the entire working visa crowd will still descend on Afterlife (nightclub) on Wednesdays.

• Advertisement

deadly ill defo try that out

u been to toronto before? or did you just hear about it?

I spent the summer there in '05 (Jesus I can't believe it was that long ago!).

Fcuking awesome place imo. Have a blast.

Also, there's good craic in McVeigh's Irish pub on Sunday nights. I know it's an Irish pub and some people hate going to those sorts of places but still. It's on Church and Richmond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lost_soul

Nope i'm stayin in Canadiana Backpackers Inn

That's a really good hostel, prob one of the best (if not the best) hostel I've ever stayed in!. You should meet a good few travelers doing the same thing as you in it. They organise social events every night so if you go to them you'll get to meet loads of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

im arriving on tuesday and staying in the canadiana so get in touch if you like!

on a separate note, does anyone know any decent places where i could watch the champions league on wed?

mac123 wrote: »
    im arriving on tuesday and staying in the canadiana so get in touch if you like!

on a separate note, does anyone know any decent places where i could watch the champions league on wed?

The Imperial is a British pub right beside Dundas Sq. (that's basically the very centre of downtown Toronto). Don't know if they show matches as I was there during the summer but no harm giving them a call.

Or I'd say that place McVeigh's that I mentioned might do it.

Maybe just ask in the hostel when you get there; it'll be on somewhere fo sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mindlet

Hi Nathan

I'll be on Toronto in Oct- we should meet up if you are still there :)

Advertisement