Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - Connection won't stay green.

• 23-05-2009 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

Sorry, I couldn't think of a better way to phrase it. Essentially, I cannot use my Broadband connection for online gaming anymore (one of my favourite pastimes) because my broadband light will not stay green, i.e. my connection won't stay up. Has anyone else had this problem? It worked fine up until about a week ago. I haven't rang Eircom yet, because I presumed I was just experiencing a bit of bad connection, but after a week it is still the same!

Just to clarify, the light begins to flicker erratically, then turns red, and stays that way for about ten seconds (not too bad while browsing the web but disastrous when I'm on the Xbox as I will lose connection to whatever game I'm in at the time), then turns bad to green. It happens randomly, could be once a minute for a while then once an hour for another while.

Is anybody else having this issue?

My router is:

Router Name-
    Netopia
    Model-
    2247-02
    Software Version-
    7.7.0r6

Just in case it is a factor. I'm running on a 3mb package but on good days rarely get my speed up to 2mb, any suggestions?

HELP! :eek:

Comments

Advertisement