Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOYALTY DISCOUNTS

Options
  • 23-05-2009 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

does anyone get a discount on prices just cause they've been to the place before .....im especially interested in dublin art tattooand of course do you think there should or shouldnt be discounts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

If there are then it would be very bad form of the artist to do so! (In my opinion anyway)

What if that word of mouth spread and they get the next ten to twenty bookings full of "friends of friends" who knew that you did this work for a cut rate. Then when the artist has to reject them they get biscuit ar*ed.

EDIT: But I suppose deals would be nice! (like colour, placement, time etc). But I'm not sure if that's been done or just plain impractical!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

have had the offer in the past, in a place where i spent a lot of time. never quite took it up, though, as anything i wanted done, i'd go in and get it done. the stuff i wasnt sure about, i wanst about to get permanantly stuck into me.

i think it's fair enough htough and entirely up to the piercer/tattooists' discretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I get discounts from two piercers i know, not only a loyalty thing, i know them like.
    I don't see any trouble in giving discounts to mate, at all.
    Anyone care to exlain why it would be a bad thing?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm the same after my first 5 piercing i never paid full price, after my 20th I was only paying the cost of the needle and jewellery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tattoodublin

If a studios rates are fair, then they dont 'need' to give discounts and their clients will recognise not only the value for quality of their work, but the artists respect for their clients. If an artist truly loves tattooing he recognises the fact that he (or she) cannot do what he loves without a canvas, and therefore will be respectful to the economics of his clients and not RAPE their wallet. Such artists do not need give discounts to 'friends' because their rates are extremely friendly to everybody equally.
    Pluto :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

simple answer yes.

but dont think its loyaltly. realy. you get to know whos percing you or tattoing and visversa. thinks its more a mate doing a favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

first place i ever went to and got 10 consecutive piercings there, never got a discount.

in france i got discounts from marquis body art, and even some free plugs.

more recently in ireland i got student discount on piercings

edit: it's not something i expect or demand, im happy to pay full price for a good service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jackonmsn

Will wrote: »
    first place i ever went to and got 10 consecutive piercings there, never got a discount.

in france i got discounts from marquis body art, and even some free plugs.

more recently in ireland i got student discount on piercings

edit: it's not something i expect or demand, im happy to pay full price for a good service.

whats your opinion on price going up signifficantly from price quoted, i was quoted 400 now after first half costing 200 the second half will now cost 350

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Eh I'm not sure as I don't know the whole story, you could have changed your design, made it bigger than expected, lots of variables which I don't know about :-/

Advertisement