Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock Castle - Dinner?

Options
  • 23-05-2009 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

I’m going to take the g/f for dinner some night and was thinking of going to Blackrock Castle .

Anyone had food there? What’s it like

Thanks

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I've had lunch there and it was tasty. Nice building as well.

That was a few months ago when it was the Italian place. The Castle has a history of failed restaurants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jimmy1bob

I've been there twice for lunch since it reopened.
    The food is good italian fare, and actually has an Italian chef in the kitchen, which is unusual!!!:D
    The staff are bit slow off the mark though, but that should improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Fantastic little Italian place...run by Italians too so it's all very good stuff in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

i know someone who ate there recently and said it was really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

its really very good. Also i reckon they do the best lattes in ireland. Ive only had main courses and lunches but always happy except when the girlfriend gets something even nicer then i did. They run baile bella down the road in the village too. I like the rice balls... bolognaise or spinach and mozzarella

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 summer09

Certainly recommend it by day, haven't been there at night but a friend of my has and loved it. Agree about lattes, they were fab. :)

Advertisement