Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved to Bray - would like some info

Options
  • 23-05-2009 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just moved to Bray and I would like to get familiar with the area. Would you be able to help me finding the following:

a 24h Tesco/Dunnes Stores, etc
    a good dentist
    a good GP
    an internet cafe' (need it for next couple of weeks until i get broadband installed at home)
    a gym with good weights area

I am sure I will have more later ;)

Thank you for your help....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Welcome to Bray!

The tesco in the vevay isn't 24 hr anymore and I think the nearest 24 hr is Dunnes in Cornelscourt.

I use John Murphy in the vevay and find him brilliant.

I use the Carlton Clinic on the Novara road but it can be very busy at times (even though there are about 10 GP's there).

You could try the Gym on the Southern Cross for weights. It's pay as you go and there are also memberships available so would be worth a look. Nearby there is Peak Fitness on the Dublin road and the Royal Hotel also has a recently refurbished leisure centre. For swimming I would recommend the one on the southern cross (Shoreline Leisure).

Sure there is an internet cafe in the main street but nowhere near as many as there used to be so not sure where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Thank you so much!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Tesco Bray is open from 7am to 12 midnight everyday...you'd want to be a right nightowl for shopping outside those hours...If you are really desperate for shopping at that time and are pining for Tescos products, Ballybrack would be the nearest 24hr Tesco.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

foxy06 wrote: »
    Sure there is an internet cafe in the main street but nowhere near as many as there used to be so not sure where it is.

There's an internet cafe in Chartbusters across the road from Superquinn.

Welcome to Bray TripleAce :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Hi TripleAce,

in case you're interested (or indeed anyone else), there's an info day coming up on June 6th about stuff going on in Bray. It will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Flower Hall (this is behind Holy Redeemer church on the main st.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Hello, one more question, by any chance you know if there is an Aldi or Lidl in or around Bray?

Thank you again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

TripleAce wrote: »
    Hello, one more question, by any chance you know if there is an Aldi or Lidl in or around Bray?

Thank you again ;)
    No Aldi nearby ... nearest Lidl is in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

foxy06 wrote: »
    I use the Carlton Clinic on the Novara road but it can be very busy at times (even though there are about 10 GP's there).

+1

I hear great things about the female doctor in the Carlton clinic, think Belton is her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Belton is up behind McDonalds I think in the town hall clinic. The female I go to is Mairead Cassidy and I find her very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Alun wrote: »
    No Aldi nearby ... nearest Lidl is in Greystones.

The one up near Baker's Corner might be as quick to get to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 parris08

First of all welcome :)

Think your qs on Tesco/Dunnes & gym have been answered!

A good dentist in my opinion is Gunter Bens (opposite Superquinn).

My doctor is Dr.Marshall (Duncairn Medical Centre - Quinnsborough Road) - there are 3 doctors and find the practise very friendly.

There is an internet cafe above Bookstation & near Liz Annes cafe (if you haven't already found one!)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Stokes

+1 on Gunther Bens

Advertisement