Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer camp?

• 23-05-2009 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

anyone know of a good summer camp for an energetic seven year old heard the dunmore east adventure centre have on but is there anything more central in town that would be as adventous:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

lollypop41 wrote: »
    anyone know of a good summer camp for an energetic seven year old heard the dunmore east adventure centre have on but is there anything more central in town that would be as adventous:confused:
    you,d be better off sending ur kid to dunmore it a good summer camp there plenty to do out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Here's a link to the Waterford Sports Council's list of summer camps. This isn't the entire list, just the ones that have confirmed with them.

Mine love the Dunmore East Adventure Centre, also like Camp Waterford as there's a large variety of activities. They love the sporting ones.

http://www.waterfordsportspartnership.ie/pdfs/summersportscamps2009.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

deisemum wrote: »
    Here's a link to the Waterford Sports Council's list of summer camps. This isn't the entire list, just the ones that have confirmed with them.

Mine love the Dunmore East Adventure Centre, also like Camp Waterford as there's a large variety of activities. They love the sporting ones.

Thanks for that deisemum,that's a really handy list.
    I too have an energetic 7 year old I'm looking to keep busy for a couple of weeks during the summer,I've heard nothing but good things about the adventure centre in Dunmore East,have you had any experience of the others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Dunmore East Adventure Centre is very good but expensive. Mine have done it for a number of years but we can't afford it this year.

Let's Go and Camp Waterford (copy of Let's Go) are both good and offer the same sort to activities but Let's Go is €45 cheaper per week.

Samba Soccer was useless but more importantly was a major health and safety risk when one of my son's did it so much so that several parents contacted radio station about it, some parents had to stay to supervise it as it was nearly all young teenage boys who hadn't a clue and there wasn't any proper leadership. I didn't let my son finish the week.

One son does the Villa (his club) soccer camp each year and loves it. He also did the FAI camps but is only interested if some of his friends would do it.

The rugby camp in Waterpark is the most organised and has the best safety focus when it comes to drop offs and collections unlike some camps who don't even check who's collecting a child. At a couple of camps I've managed to collect a friend's child and no one asked who I was or anything and I wasn't named on any list. My older lad plays contact rugby but isn't keen on the camp because it's only tag rugby, he prefers the full contact :)

My older lad loves the Kit Kat Tennis Camps on the greens. It's only for an hour a day for 4 weeks and the 4 weeks costs €25, however children don't have to do the full four weeks.

The GAA Cul Camps are very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Dunmore East Adventure Centre is very good but expensive. Mine have done it for a number of years but we can't afford it this year.

Let's Go and Camp Waterford (copy of Let's Go) are both good and offer the same sort to activities but Let's Go is €45 cheaper per week.

Samba Soccer was useless but more importantly was a major health and safety risk when one of my son's did it so much so that several parents contacted radio station about it, some parents had to stay to supervise it as it was nearly all young teenage boys who hadn't a clue and there wasn't any proper leadership. I didn't let my son finish the week.

One son does the Villa (his club) soccer camp each year and loves it. He also did the FAI camps but is only interested if some of his friends would do it.

The rugby camp in Waterpark is the most organised and has the best safety focus when it comes to drop offs and collections unlike some camps who don't even check who's collecting a child. At a couple of camps I've managed to collect a friend's child and no one asked who I was or anything and I wasn't named on any list. My older lad plays contact rugby but isn't keen on the camp because it's only tag rugby, he prefers the full contact :)

My older lad loves the Kit Kat Tennis Camps on the greens. It's only for an hour a day for 4 weeks and the 4 weeks costs €25, however children don't have to do the full four weeks.

The GAA Cul Camps are very good.

Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 lollypop41

thanks for the link my fella loves anything sport too was thinking about the samba soccer one good to know that info too wont be sendin him there now anyway thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I used to do the KitKat tennis club and loved it too :)

I also did the dela salle one and loved it if they still run it.

My mates did the Dunmore East one and said they loved it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭garp

Advertisement