Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KO Martial Arts Closing Down

Options
  • 23-05-2009 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭

Yes, it's a sad day.

KO Martial Arts will cease to be, be extinct, shuffle it's mortal coil, be an ex-gym by the end of next week.

Instead, KO Martial Arts will undergo a Marathon/Snickers type of reinvention and become Informed Performance MMA. This is all part of a huge move to a new 7,500sq ft premises just down the road from where we are right now. The new gym will be called Informed Performance and will have all of what we do right now, just bigger and better. We'll also have:
    • Two class areas, one for grappling, one for striking
    • A 20 foot competition boxing ring
    • A 15 metre cage wall
    • Power racks, weights, bumper plates, kettlebells etc. etc. In fact every decent bit of strength kit you can concieve of, and loads of it.
    There'll also be a whole range of other stuff that will be used for Strength and Conditioning for athletes and teams, as well as fitness training for average joes/josephines.

So goodbye KO, we hardly knew ye. Hello Informed Performance MMA, with me, and Informed Performance Muay Thai with coach Paddy Ivers. We're currently working on a new timetable that will be a 7 day a week job and we'll have lots of new classes etc. etc. etc.

As you might imagine, I'll be a busy beaver for the next while but should find time to answer any mails or calls for info from anyone. Meantime, there's more information here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

Good luck with that Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Best of luck with it, sounds great.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

Looks like you missed a link at the end. Also I sent you a pm a while ago - did you see it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

I didn't get any PM from you hooplah. Resend to baz.oglesby[at]gmail.com

The link is barryoglesby.blogspot.com but you'll have to search for most of the gym info. That will be regularly updated with all the info anyone needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Best of luck with that! Sounds great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Can we get a few pics of said "arena"

We're still in the fit out/painting phase and most of the kit is still in crates (one's in the middle of the Atlantic right now) so all we have is a big, square room. I'll post up some work in progress photos when I find my camera again. I moved house and I can't find the bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Christ that sounds amazing :eek:
    Good luck with it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

best of luck in the new gym

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Any update on the new place?

• Advertisement

Yup. Moving out on Thursday. Starting the fit out on Saturday, closed for a week from the 8th to the 14th, and then reopening for MMA/BJJ/Muay Thai on Monday 15th of June.

Hard couple of weeks ahead!

Sounds like it,but if it turns out like you say then it will be worth it,i'm interested in dropping out when your up and running,I only live in Marino so its nice and close

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

Yay! When's the timetable out?

Working on it right now. we have a few minor details to sort out regarding availability of coaches (it's holiday season after all and the second fruit of my loins is on it's way soon). If the worst comes to the worst, we'll have a brand new gym operating on the old timetable on the 15th, with the new timetable kicking in for July.

I might try drop up for the free jitz class on thursday if thats still on?

it is indeed on. Drop down all welcome.

Advertisement