Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber required

Options
  • 23-05-2009 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi I'm looking to get a reliable Plumber in who can honestly review my central heating system and recommend what needs being done, the house is very old but I think the heating system may have been replaced in the 70's, I put in a new boiler a few years ago but we had a leak recently and we are getting some other work done so want to make sure everything is all right with the heating so basically want someone to suggest what needs to be done without having an obligation or a huge bill for getting some advice.It could need some minor work or a major overhaul but don't want to get a cowboy who suggests getting something done that doesnt need being done. Any contacts or recommendations are appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

im in south dublin if u still want some1 yo have a look for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 afaphoenix

Gerdypa wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking to get a reliable Plumber in who can honestly review my central heating system and recommend what needs being done, the house is very old but I think the heating system may have been replaced in the 70's, I put in a new boiler a few years ago but we had a leak recently and we are getting some other work done so want to make sure everything is all right with the heating so basically want someone to suggest what needs to be done without having an obligation or a huge bill for getting some advice.It could need some minor work or a major overhaul but don't want to get a cowboy who suggests getting something done that doesnt need being done. Any contacts or recommendations are appreciated.

Hi, I am also looking for aplumber to carry out maintainence on old house - plumbing system not checked for past 50 years.

I also need the name of a good stone mason. I heard of a pat griffin who works from somewhere in roscommon, near athlone i have heard. Does anybody out there know of his work and maybe a contact
    address
    Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Moved to the Construction and Planning forum (Mods, feel free to move it elsewhere if it's in the wrong place).

It's an old enough thread so presume the OP has got a plumber by now, so it's more about seeing if anyone knows one who could help out Afaphoenix.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,168 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Better off in DIY probably :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gglynn81

Hi,
    Just wondering if there are any decent plumbers around the Carlow area?...I'm looking to get a couple of quotes for a new house build.
    Plumbers will have to have insurance, references and all work must be fully guaranteed...
    Thx

• Advertisement
Advertisement