Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

And the Award for dive of the Season Goes to...

• 23-05-2009 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭

Morten Gamst Pedersen!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I completely forgot about this. Brilliant stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've seen Ronaldo & Drogba do better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

I cant remember if he got booked for this!!! Its pure gold. He's like a whiter, smaller ,skinnier Drogba!!! Shocking stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Number 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

"I know tis the end of the season but we could do better than these threads surely?" - Boggles

You summed this thread up nicely with what you said in the Benitez letter thread

• Advertisement

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    "I know tis the end of the season but we could do better than these threads surely?" - Boggles

You summed this thread up nicely with what you said in the Benitez letter thread

No sonny, this thread is about things that have actually happened, videos and all to prove it.

Contribute or go away. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

the thread title and original post were a smokescreen for his next post and true intentions: have a go at Liverpool. Subtle.

Boggles wrote: »
    No sonny, this thread is about things that have actually happened, videos and all to prove it.

Contribute or go away. ;)

I was only joking mate, tends to be slow days without footie on!

the thread title and original post were a smokescreen for his next post and true intentions: have a go at Liverpool. Subtle.

Wow we got to 8 posts before the Liverpool "everyone is at us" Brigrade arrived. :rolleyes:

Might as well close it now.

p_larkin99 wrote: »

It's nice to reflect though..... especially with fools falling on their arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Persecution complex much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Come on, it doesnt have to turn into a United Vs. Liverpool thread.

Was anything ever said to Pederson/was he punished/ did he come out with an explaination?

Was anything ever said to Pederson/was he punished/ did he come out with an explaination?

As far as I know he wasn't even booked.

As for an explaination, I don't think you could. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

A7X wrote: »
    Come on, it doesnt have to turn into a United Vs. Liverpool thread.

But you know it is going to!

Here is another

There would have been a hell of a lot more made of it if it was from one of the top 4 or even more so the top 2 on here

RasTa wrote: »
    But you know it is going to!

Here is another

Hilarious from Reina, saying something along the lines of "Get up dude don't embarass yourself further"

Yeah I dont understand it, I surely can't off the top of my head remember such an obvious dive from Ronaldo, ffs, not from even Drogba, at least there is some contact no matter how slight when either of those two go down.

But this guy looks for the ref and player and goes down with no contact and yet no one ever mentions him when it comes down to prolific divers? And before someone says they do it all the time... do what? Go down with slight contact? A lot of players do that, but there was NO contact here, or for Masch's for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Morten Gamst Pedersen!

This is the first one that came to mind for me too, hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He said he didn't dive. He said he felt a twinge in his calf and just went down.

Personally I don't believe that, I do think the fact that he didn't get a penalty that he should have got two weeks before that at Old Trafford might have had something to do with it. You know like, he might have felt he was owed one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

eagle eye wrote: »
    He said he didn't dive. He said he felt a twinge in his calf and just went down.

Personally I don't believe that, I do think the fact that he didn't get a penalty that he should have got two weeks before that at Old Trafford might have had something to do with it. You know like, he might have felt he was owed one.

That was also a dive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

lol i never saw the Morton.G.Pederson one till now!! thats it very bad! not exactly a dive but Kyle Lafferty for Rangers against Aberdeen a few weeks ago...... disgraceful aswell

lol i never saw the Morton.G.Pederson one till now!! thats it very bad! not exactly a dive but Kyle Lafferty for Rangers against Aberdeen a few weeks ago...... disgraceful aswell

Any clips?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

why are ppl complaining about this thread?
    its funny. relax

that pederson dive is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Gamst's dive was embarrassing. He looks around for the ref and THEN he dives. Probably the most obvious dive I've ever seen and am ever likely to see. Boggles throwing up the Mascherano dive, (which was terrible and disgusting) was a pop at Liverpool. We all know Boggles well enough to see his agenda with this thread. It's evident in the vast majority of posts he has on the Liverpool thread. However, it still doesn't excuse how Mascherano clumsily tripped himself up and successfully got a free out of it. This is something that he's doing more and more often and it's horrible to see it in the game.
    Was watching Soccer Saturday's review of the season and when they spoke about the diving they showed a clip of Ronaldo and Drogba but I don't know why they never showed Pederson's as it must clearly be the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I dont think the Mascherano incident was a dive, I think he just fell over. It wasn't a free tbf.

The incident that sticks in my mind is Drogba on the ground injured but out of play. Play goes on, he rolls back onto the pitch, play stopped. Complete and utter mockery of the game.

I dont think the Mascherano incident was a dive, I think he just fell over. It wasn't a free tbf.

The incident that sticks in my mind is Drogba on the ground injured but out of play. Play goes on, he rolls back onto the pitch, play stopped. Complete and utter mockery of the game.

i remember that, i hate that man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

I'll never forget the way that P***K did that. Most hateful type of player out there. That's why I was delighted for him when Chelsea were knocked out of the CL. Karma is a wonderful thing at times!:)

I dont think the Mascherano incident was a dive, I think he just fell over.

:D He rolled around holding his leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Number 2

Your so predictable it's sad boggles

:D He rolled around holding his leg.

He was kicked as he fell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Shhhhh nobody post a video of Ronaldo been booked for diving v Fulham at home this season :p

lolz

• Advertisement

This is old but a classic, the Carew reconstruction is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

missingtime

he was on his way down before he even got kicked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

now this is a classic

Shhhhh nobody post a video of Ronaldo been booked for diving v Fulham at home this season :p

Why?

Headshot wrote: »
    missingtime

he was on his way down before he even got kicked

Ok.

Mascherano was running with the ball.
    He tried to slow down but couldn't
    He fell over.
    As he was falling another player clipped his foot.

I'm not saying he dived, I'm not saying it was a foul or a free kick, I'm saying he fell over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

He is the sole reason why I hate Chelsea, I hate him so much I would prefer Man Utd to win the league than let that guy get a medal (coming from a LFC supporter). :mad::mad:

If I ever see that guy in person, im gonna kick him in the balls. At least then he as a reason to roll around on the ground...:rolleyes:

Benzino wrote: »
    If I ever see that guy in person, im gonna kick him in the balls. At least then he as a reason to roll around on the ground...:rolleyes:

6/3, built like a brick shít house and is a professional footballer?

Tenner says you wouldn't go through with it. ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

This is old but a classic, the Carew reconstruction is brilliant.
    Haha brilliant, is the Carew thing a goal celebration or?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Haha brilliant, is the Carew thing a goal celebration or?

Yeah Carew scored in the next match and that was the celebration. Vintage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Headshot wrote: »
    now this is a classic

The start of the video is pretty stupid, I mean it's pretty obvious he was trying to pretend the ball his his thigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Not sure who this one was against but I think he did it a few times this season.

ronaldo.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Can't believe we went this long without Gilardino vs Celtic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

6/3, built like a brick shít house and is a professional footballer?

Tenner says you wouldn't go through with it. ;)

If there's a getaway car waiting, why not? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

RasTa wrote: »
    That was also a dive.
    Rubbish.
    66 Rafael grabs Pedersen around the shoulders and the Blackburn wingers goes down in a heap inside the United penalty area. There was definitely contact but the referee refusues the penalty appeal.
    http://www.skysports.com/football/match_commentary/0,19764,11065_3004805,00.html
    Yet Rafael Da Silva was incredibly lucky to escape when he put his hands on Morten Gamst Pedersen's shoulders in an attempt to get into a tackling position as the Norwegian burst into the box.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=243714&&cc=5739
    Yet Rafael was lucky to escape when he put his hands on Morten Gamst Pedersen’s shoulders in an attempt to get into a tackling position as the Norwegian burst into the box.
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1098150_united_2_blackburn_1
    Blackburn's appeals for a penalty were turned down by Mr Webb seven minutes later, after Morten Gamst Pedersen went down in the United box following a clumsy challenge by Rafael.
    http://www.football.co.uk/match_reports/manchester_united_blackburn_rovers_1204805.shtml
    Rovers should have been given a penalty in the second half when Rafael had his hands all over the back of Pedersen. It should have been a penalty or if Webb thinks it was a dive then it should have been a yellow card
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/127884-manchester-united-beat-blackburn-rovers-to-go-eight-points-ahead/page/2
    67 min: What a truly shocking decision by Howard Webb, who is having an all-round shocker. Pedersen is sent scampering clear down the inside-left channel by a wonderful ball from Dunn, and is clear on goal. He races into the box only for Rafael to grab him back. It isn't an all-out assault, but it's enough. Pedersen goes down - then springs up in anger as Webb fails to point at the spot, waving play on. Rafael was the last man - you could make a case for United being down to nine here!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/feb/21/manchesterunited-blackburn
    Webb decided not to award a penalty after Rafael da Silva placed a hand on Morten Gamst Pedersen's shoulder as he chased him into the United penalty area.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/feb/23/cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-blackburn-inter

If Raf hacked him down with a baseball bat, still doesn't excuse that dive TBH.

Rooney dived this season, but he apologised, tis the least the blackburn player could have done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement