Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blacklisting of foreign handsets

• 23-05-2009 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Would I be right in thinking that the knock off iphones are all blacklisted here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Would I be right in thinking that the knock off iphones are all blacklisted here?

I doubt that, unless they've been stolen at any stage. In any case knock off phones are a bad idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I agree. I had one to try recently and it would not allow any calls or texts either in or out. Hence my question.

I agree. I had one to try recently and it would not allow any calls or texts either in or out. Hence my question.

What network was this on? And where did the phone come from? Hong Kong would be my best guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tried it with meteor, o2 and VF sims. Only the o2 sim would work. Hong Kong would be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

My cousin had one of the iClone phones just after the iPhone was launched and it worked fine. Why would any phone you buy new from Hong Kong be blacklisted?

• Advertisement

Tried it with meteor, o2 and VF sims. Only the o2 sim would work. Hong Kong would be right.

Check if the IMEI is 0000000000000000. That is, if the handset even supports *#06#.

Advertisement