Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puraflo woe

Options
  • 23-05-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

All,
    Sorry if this isnt the right thread, but here goes..
    Over the last few days, noticed that the downstairs toilet was filling up on flushing, thought it was just in need of a plunge, but on doing so noticed outside that water was coming up form the manhole every time I flushed.
    Now I notice same happening on upstairs toilets and shower gurgles in teh ensuite when the toilet there is flushed.
    I have one of the BNM puraflow systems was installed in teh house when I bought it 18 months ago. Now I notice outside where there is normally a whirring or a humming noise, there is nothing now. Also when I check the trips on the unit in the garden they are all up and in place.
    However, if I look in the fuse box in the garage (small, 4 trips) one is down and wont stay up once the first one is down also.

was thinking it was a blockage, now Im thinking the pump isnt working..
    do I get a spark or a waste guy in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭waitingforBB

got it all going again. (got my big rods out and the hands dirty) was all down to a blockage. Will blame baby wipes being put down the toilet en masse.

messy job, but all good now and pump churning away when needed

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

I think I may have an issue also with my puraflo. Emptied sceptic tank back in February '09 but is full again now...My question is how do I know if the pump is working...I've never heard it TBH...I have an amber light near to tank in garden - have also never seen this on either. Needless to say this was all in place before I bought the house. Any help is appreciated..

Advertisement