Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very low fps on M4

Options
  • 23-05-2009 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭

Well,
    I finally got my new piston head and fitted it into my gearbox,
    so I put it alll back together and pulled the trigger,
    it fired the bb with less speed than a cheap holiday springer :(:(:(
    What have I done wrong? Some wonderful person help me, I'll give you a big hug too.

EDIT:: Wooo now my semi-auto works xD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

Check the O rings on the piston head and cylinder head, and mabye the hop up. Same thing happened to me turned out it was the piston head O ring

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

1;did you do anything with the hop up?
    2; did you lube the piston?
    3; was the piston o ring seated properly? (also was it new?)
    4; did you try cleaning the barel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

thermo wrote: »
    1;did you do anything with the hop up?
    2; did you lube the piston?
    3; was the piston o ring seated properly? (also was it new?)
    4; did you try cleaning the barel?

1) Hop-up is fully off
    2) Yup, used some silicone grease
    3)Not sure will check now, and yes it is a Systema Duracon piston head
    4) My barrels alwayss clean :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

did ya test the compression? do this by pushing the piston into the cyliinder and capping off the cylinder head with your finger. the piston should have a lot of resistance there. if it goes in no probs then you either need to lube the o ring or get a new one. oh, and just use silicone oil on the o-ring, not the actual grease. :)

All fixed as off a couple of hours ago, thanks lads!
    Now you tell me to use oil!!! AARGH!!
    Does it make that much of a difference?
    THe thoughts of taking it apart again!! :(
    OH well best take it like a man...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Grease is fine...as long as you only use a minimal amount. The thinnest film of grease on the O-ring and a little on the inside of the cylinder. Grease, while slowing the piston action initially, does prolong service life. This means you can get longer intervals in between services of the GB. Oil will not have the same staying power as grease, leading to more frequent need of service.

no, defo dont use grease, because of its thicker density it has a tendency to make the o-ring stick to the inner edge of the piston head as aposed to moving around freely. i like to remove the o-ring, spray the cylinder head, reinstall the o-ring add some more oil aswell as a nice layer inside the cylinder. you'll notice far better consistency between chrono readings after this. :)

while its open you can wrap the cylinder head with some PTFE tape to give a rock sollid seal too.,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Masada wrote: »
    while its open you can wrap the cylinder head with some PTFE tape to give a rock sollid seal too.,

do you wrap the ptfe around the o ring?

or where do you wrap it?

I guess I owe Masada a big hug soo...

do you wrap the ptfe around the o ring?

or where do you wrap it?

yep, pop out the cylinder head from the cylinder and wrap a layer of PTFE around it, then stick it back in. it'll be a lot tighter and a lot better at holdding a seal. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

cheers richie il try that i put a new ms90 spring in an aeg and its still only firing at about .59

Advertisement