Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum... How often is access given?

Options
  • 23-05-2009 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭

I applied for access to the Socer Forum a while back but my application is just one of a long line of applications.

Is there a set number of people allowed access? Is there a set number of people allowed in every week/month/year/? Do they give people access just once a month or so?

I like the idea of it being private to stop pointless hate.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's however often the mods get around to it afaiu.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

We usually do try do it once a week or so. The process is quite time comsuming so we find it easier to let a group build up then process them altogether.

I'll see what we can do about clearing the backlog in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Xavi6 wrote: »
    We usually do try do it once a week or so. The process is quite time comsuming so we find it easier to let a group build up then process them altogether.

I'll see what we can do about clearing the backlog in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the feedback :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

MrStuffins wrote: »

I like the idea of it being private to stop pointless hate.

you'd think that wouldnt ya

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The process of checking through an application and clicking the neccesary buttons to allow access is quite dull, and something I wouldn't like to do every day tbh. Plus, given the repetetive admin nature of the task it kind of helps to do a lot in one sitting so that you get into the rythm of it so to speak.

We get a higher than average amount of applications this time of the season (for obvious reasons) and the main forum is busier than usual aswell - meaning that a backlogue builds up.

Apologies to those who end up waiting a week for a request to be approved sometimes, but I strongly believe that the access forum has been, and will continue to be, a good thing for the overall health and manageability of the forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement