Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gomes earns Brazil re-call

Options
  • 23-05-2009 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

I hold my hands up. Although im still not 100% convinced of him, he has been excellent the last couple of months and has been a big factor in our good form. I hope he continues to prove me wrong and becomes one of our best No 1s in years.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_5344999,00.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

I'm not totally convinced by him either but as keepers go, Brazil really have just him, Julio Cesar, Dida and Doni. And Gomes has been playing really well as of late so I think he deserves it, he's better than Dida and Doni I think from what I've seen of those two lately. Plus how cool would it be to see Gomes playing for Brazil in the next world cup! It could happen! :DBelieve!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

sure Gomes is a bit erratic at times- but there arent manyy keepers with his ability in the premiership now...

A goalkeeper is only as good as his defence-and Harrys given him the confidence...does he have any caps at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭gary nevillevil

i really think gomes has earned his call up, ok he was bad some times over the 1st half of the season but hes really changed over the last 2 months and can be relied on, as tottenham have the best home record in the whole premiership and gomes has to take some of that credit along with king and woodgate!

PS: gerrard and torres will fire a couple past him sunday,
    sorry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

I just don't know with him, I would put the bllame solely with him for Liverpools 3rd goal today, all he had to do was kick it clear, instead he passed it to a player who was under pressure and resulted in a goal against. I really like him but think he will cost us more points for needless things next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Fair play to the lad. I see he was in the Sunday Times worst team of the season today. Thought that was way harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I love Gomes and I'm delighted to hear this news.
    Fcuk the press, they've been completely blind to Gomes's form since December.
    Typical anti-Spurs agneda.

Advertisement