Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mivec Colt

• 23-05-2009 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭

Just wondering does anybody have any exsperience with these cars.

Are they quick and a good reliable car?

Finding it pretty hard to insure:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

Yes they are quick (165 - 170 bhp)about same as SIR civic's and they are Jap so yes they are reliable.

You could also look at Saxo VTS they are only 120bhp but with mani, induction kit, decat & exhaust they get about 140- 145 bhp and with higher torque and lighter they'll give any SIR or Mivec a run for their money. Also they are cheaper to insure and a sleeper at lights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Mivecs generally rate around 150bhp to 160bhp standard on rollers

There black listed the same as Civic Sir's , insurance will be expensive on them as well as they are an import and for some reason insurance companies are hell bent on not insuring imports.

Saxo VTS would definitely be a good alternative, not as fast but there good cars, nippy, great handling and as lil-evil said they've potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 onthemove

my boyfriend took mine:mad:but he gave me the type r which is much prettier

Advertisement