Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing battery

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

1600mAh will give a longer lifespan to the battery as it can give the same current over a longer period of time. Make sure its a mini size NiMH battery (I don't want to check link, as that site takes waaaay too long to load on my internet connection).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

there is always need for more mah;)

the battery will last longer with more mah.

as single malt said make sure its a mini type the large one wont fit in a g36. also have a think about getting a 9.6v instead of 8.4v, this will give you a higher rate of fire!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

there is always need for more mah;)

the battery will last longer with more mah.

as single malt said make sure its a mini type the large one wont fit in a g36. also have a think about getting a 9.6v instead of 8.4v, this will give you a higher rate of fire!:)

cheers lads, i ordered the batt on the link, the title says its a mini type but the description says it was the large type, guess i shouldnt have been so impulsive, ill find out when it arrives, the manual for the g36 said not to change the voltage of the batt as it may damage the internals, is that just the usual manufacturer b.s. or do they have a point

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

heyho, rather than start a new thread, i'll ask here (basically the same questions)

My new AEG came with a 9.6v 1100mAh NiCD battery (JG S550) - I was thinking of buying a spare battery, as I had a few rental guns die on me due to flat batteries over the last few months.

Question 1: is this a good investment - is it a good idea to have a spare battery, or will it rarely get used? Do most people own multiple batteries?

Question 2: how do I tell what type the connector is? Its white, one square socket, one round socket, male pins in both, forms a box 9mm wide x 4mm high x 21mm long.

Question 3: Is there anywhere in particular that people would recommend buying batteries/chargers from?

Thats about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

hey ravy, think I can help with a few of the questions, the connector you have is a mini tamiya connector, think its the standard for aegs, im gettin mine from ehobbyasia, got a few bits off them before and they have been great (apart from a pellet going thro the top lip on my mask, I was fired on from about 6 inch so think that may have something to do with it)
    Look for a battery that doesnt need to be discharged before charged, my stadard bat lasted for a good 3 hours on saturday and it feels like there is alot more in it
    and by the time ive typed this someone will have come up with a much better reply

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

heyho, rather than start a new thread, i'll ask here (basically the same questions)

My new AEG came with a 9.6v 1100mAh NiCD battery (JG S550) - I was thinking of buying a spare battery, as I had a few rental guns die on me due to flat batteries over the last few months.

Question 1: is this a good investment - is it a good idea to have a spare battery, or will it rarely get used? Do most people own multiple batteries?

Question 2: how do I tell what type the connector is? Its white, one square socket, one round socket, male pins in both, forms a box 9mm wide x 4mm high x 21mm long.

Question 3: Is there anywhere in particular that people would recommend buying batteries/chargers from?

Thats about it.

Answer to Question 1:I would recommend getting a spare battery as it always comes in handy and i fact i use a 9.6 for my S-System and it wasted on me today up in Rathbeggan,so all I had to do was take out the 9.6 and put in my 8.4 and there has been many occasions where i have lend my spare 8.4 to someone when there's runs out of power.

Answer to Question 3:Eirsoft is the place to go when you want to buy a battery.Just leave a post/comment on there thread asking if they have the battery you would like.Paid only 30 quid for my 9.6:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

the manual for the g36 said not to change the voltage of the batt as it may damage the internals, is that just the usual manufacturer b.s. or do they have a point

if it is a jing gong g36 it will be fine iv been running one in mine for the guts of a year and never had an onuce of trouble with it!

Advertisement