Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Radio Station

• 23-05-2009 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

I couldn't find such a thread, so I decided to post one, as the Boards Best Station sort thingy.

So, whats you favourite station?

Whats your favourite radio station? 17 votes

FM104
    0% 0 votes
    Spin 103.8
    29% 5 votes
    RTE Radio
    5% 1 vote
    52% 9 votes
    Other
    11% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Culture2007

I presume you mean Dublin station judging by your poll options. Even so - you're missing a hell of a lot of stations. What about Today FM, Q102, Dublin's Country, Phantom etc.

You simply can't lump all RTE stations together. Someone who likes Radio 1 or Lyric may not have any interest in 2FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I presume you mean Dublin station judging by your poll options. Even so - you're missing a hell of a lot of stations. What about Today FM, Q102, Dublin's Country, Phantom etc.

You simply can't lump all RTE stations together. Someone who likes Radio 1 or Lyric may not have any interest in 2FM.

I agree with you. I couldn't think of any others at the time. Do you ever get that? You're on a specific subject but all knowledge of the subject goes?

You'll have to forgive me for my mishaps, and just choose other.

Again, my deepest apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

You may end up with a lot of "Others" which is a bit pointless. I voted "Other" btw. I'll leave it up to you to figure what my fave station is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

vflhp wrote: »
    I agree with you. I couldn't think of any others at the time. Do you ever get that? You're on a specific subject but all knowledge of the subject goes?

You'll have to forgive me for my mishaps, and just choose other.

Again, my deepest apologies.

can you not amend the poll?

Or start again. Not much point really in its current state

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

601 klatswen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Irish radio is pretty mediocre.We're poorly served in this country by the radio stations we have.Over the last 20 years only 4 broadcasters have reached the highest standard,Gay Byrne,Gerry Ryan,Pat Kenny,Joe Duffy.These four are the shining lights in a dismal radio offering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Other...

Beat 102/103

www.beat102103.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

other , today fm - ray darcy and tony fenton understand my music tastes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

98 gets my vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Other - Today fm...Darcy, Foley, great music.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Assuming we're sticking to Irish radio stations, I chose Other, for Phantom FM (God bless wifi radios and internet streaming).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭gary nevillevil

107 newstalk
    alot of talk, alot of waffle, alot of crap (sometimes) prefect mix :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Other.

No station I listen to is represented in your poll.

(I would like to clarify that I wouldn't listen to Ray Foley if there were heavily armed Baluba warriors aiming rifles at my face demanding that I enjoy his pointless derivative waffling or my eyeballs would be shot out, mind you. No Foley listener I.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Other: Phantom 105.2.

Not much point to this poll in its current format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Other - BBC Radio 4. If I want to listen to music, I prefer to choose it myself, rather than rely on somebody else's choices, interspersed with inane chatter and tedious adverts.

From that list, RTE Radio 1, I suppose.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

OP If you like, you can start another thread with a larger poll listing of stations. Let me know if you would like to do this and I will lock this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

my radio day red rooster red fm, niel prenderville 96fm, ray foley, brian mc call 4fm , james whale lbc on sky 0124 ,then tv from 7 then talksport/lbc at bed time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Other- 1. BBC Radio1 for Moyles and Zane Lowe,
    2. Today FM -Foley, Fenton and Matt Cooper
    3. BBC 5 live- Richard Bacon

I can't stand Irish radio,i always listen to BBC R 5Live on satellite and MW in the car (good reception on 693 here).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Work to live

Other - The new station 4FMis my new fave for the office –the music is just wicked! Everything and anything from the last 30, 40 years n not just the songs that were so over played the first time round that they make you want to scream! Am only in my twenties n not familiar with a lot of the music but I love it. Only so much Lady Ga Ga you can take! Give it a try – lemme know what you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Manimal

Other - The new station 4FMis my new fave for the office –the music is just wicked! Everything and anything from the last 30, 40 years n not just the songs that were so over played the first time round that they make you want to scream! Am only in my twenties n not familiar with a lot of the music but I love it. Only so much Lady Ga Ga you can take! Give it a try – lemme know what you think?

Hi Gareth! Love the show!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,597 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I chose other, but it's mainly to point out that no Irish station that can be picked up in Cork are any good.. Fair enough, if you want current affairs, Newstalk & RTE 1 are decent. However, if it's non-pop music you're screwed.

Radio = phail in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fm 1

come outside DUBLIN and you will here more do you think there are only radio stations up there ?????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

This person works for 4FM's PR company, and has been banned.

I wish they would fix the stream so i can pick it up on my Logik internet Reciva radio as i live outside their coverage area! I emailed them about it but i got the expected no responce!

Advertisement