Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cro Cop back in the UFC

Options
  • 23-05-2009 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

I've always been a fan but disappointed by recent performances still great to see him back in the spotlight. Deffo think there could be some great matches for him there, if he can put the wins together.

http://mmamania.com/2009/05/18/mirko-cro-cop-filipovic-returns-at-ufc-99-to-face-mustapha-al-turk/

Interesting also to hear about the 18+ rule for ufc 99 in germany , i thought the negative press here was bonkers, but seems to be a bigger issue in germany :S

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

rovert wrote: »

Hadn't realized it had been mentioned there sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I think Mirko could be the man to dethrone Brock, would be interesting anyway..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Unless brock has a mark hunt head :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MMAgic

Would love to see it but i dont know if Crocop can regain the old form that he once had in Pride!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Only 2/3 men in the world at the moment that can beat brock, Mir and Carwin or Kongo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

and Semmy Shilt
    and Alistar Overeem
    and Fedor
    and Machida
    and Hong Man Choi
    and Antonio Silva
    and Gabriel Gonzaga
    and ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

and Semmy Shilt
    and Alistar Overeem
    and Fedor
    and Machida
    and Hong Man Choi
    and Antonio Silva
    and Gabriel Gonzaga
    and ....

..and you're mental

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

By world, he must mean UFC.

Dana White obviously doing an excellent job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

and Semmy Shilt
    and Alistar Overeem
    and Fedor
    and Machida
    and Hong Man Choi
    and Antonio Silva
    and Gabriel Gonzaga
    and ....

Hong Man Choi? are you taking the piss?

i reckon any of those guys would have a tough time with lesnar but hong man choi? come off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

thanks for that

he's a bit contradictory in it. perhaps it's due to the translation. but on one hand, he says he doesn't care what the naysayers and thrash talkers say and on the other he says that's what motivates him.

he's a great man for where he's come from. as he said, practically self taught and fighting out of his own camp. but i'm not sure if it's good enough anymore, training with 5 mates in your own gym and then going off and fighting ppl that train in the best camps in Europe/America.

thanks for that

he's a bit contradictory in it. perhaps it's due to the translation. but on one hand, he says he doesn't care what the naysayers and thrash talkers say and on the other he says that's what motivates him.

he's a great man for where he's come from. as he said, practically self taught and fighting out of his own camp. but i'm not sure if it's good enough anymore, training with 5 mates in your own gym and then going off and fighting ppl that train in the best camps in Europe/America.

Some good points you make there

As for Brock , he hasnt exactly forged a Anderson Silva , Fedor, Machida like record yet, sure he's big etc but he has a few wins to get before people start thinking of him as being unbeatable, could Cro Cop do it ? Yes i think its possible , if they did fight do i think it likely? No, sadly not :(

I'd really like to see Cro Cop get a 'push' and get and win good fights, theres a lot to like about the guy , guess ill be waiting for a rematch with him and Overeem.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Going to read the interview now - but still a bit concerned as to why the UFC haven't announced his fight officially yet. As in on site etc...

BTW This Todd Duffe guy who is still down to fight Al Turk (on ufc.com) is the guy I heard about who's nickname is "The Irish Carbomb":o

Maynard wrote: »

BTW This Todd Duffe guy who is still down to fight Al Turk (on ufc.com) is the guy I heard about who's nickname is "The Irish Carbomb":o

Marcus Davis is on the card he is "The Irish Hand Grenade" , don;t know about this Duffy chap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Yeah I'm aware of Marcus.

Check the link

http://www.mmauniverse.com/fighters/SS27594

A carbomb and a hand grenade of the irish kind at the same event it seems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Maynard wrote: »
    Yeah I'm aware of Marcus.

Check the link

http://www.mmauniverse.com/fighters/SS27594

Who are we going to have next....

Michael 'The Irish surface-to-air missile system' Murphy

Fighting out of the USA :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Who are we going to have next....

Michael 'The Irish surface-to-air missile system' Murphy

Fighting out of the USA :p
    Thought he'd be fighting out of North Korea myself :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Does anyone know what time this is gonna be on? During UFC 98 they said it would be live at 10pm in the states, which means it would be starting at about 3am in Germany which makes no sense.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what time this is gonna be on? During UFC 98 they said it would be live at 10pm in the states, which means it would be starting at about 3am in Germany which makes no sense.

I'd say its more like 10pm here 3pm in the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

So your saying its starting in Germany at 11pm local time? I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

A carbomb and a hand grenade of the irish kind at the same event it seems :D

Sounds like its gona be a War! :D

Sorry had to go there :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

That is the time for the replay of the show. The US based shows usually air live on PPV at 10pm over there. Normally there is an earlier showing LIVE in afternoon in the States and then a replay in the traditional time slot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

rovert wrote: »
    That is the time for the replay of the show. The US based shows usually air live on PPV at 10pm over there. Normally there is an earlier showing LIVE in afternoon in the States and then a replay in the traditional time slot.

From here
    UFC 99 will be available on pay-per-view at 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PST on iN DEMAND, DIRECTV, DISH Network, TVN, Bell TV, Shaw Communications and Viewer’s Choice Canada for a suggested retail price of $44.95 for standard definition or high-definition broadcasts (where available); UFC fans also have the option to watch UFC 99 pay-per-view live from Cologne, Germany at 3pm EST/12 Noon PST.

I guess having the live feed in the US during the day doesnt really work for them. I wonder if they'll be doing this with all the European events.

Advertisement