Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home insurance

Options
  • 23-05-2009 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Dose home insurance cover my firearms?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

No idea, since we've no idea what your policy says!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

only if stated on your policy, but they might be covered under miscellaneously items up to a certain price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Breachloader

I checked mine and discovered it DID NOT cover firearms...
    As such I took gun cover from NARGC (gun and Dog policy)... Good cover, but pricey if your gun/s is/are valuable..

Check with your broker anyway..
    Maybe you are covered..
    Good luck either way..

Breachloader..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Yes forget who I'm with but it was stated that my firearms were covered in the policy. It came under the contents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

I'v bought a house and waiting on the policy just never taught about the guns with all the other paper work i'v been doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

I'm covered for mine, but I rang and put them on. I'm also covered for accidental damage should I damage my firearms or scope outside the house etc.

Have to pay the first €200 excess though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I named mine specifically on the policy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Out of interest is the premium much higher when firearms are detailed??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Didn't have a big effect, its the value of them that effects the policy not that fact that their firearms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Rew wrote: »
    Didn't have a big effect, its the value of them that effects the policy not that fact that their firearms.

Same here, a small increase...

And nothing was mentioned about making the home more of a risk to burglars...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Thats all good news for me then, I'd be aswel to let them know i'l have a few guns in the house so. Thanks for the replys

Advertisement