Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile freq jammer

• 23-05-2009 9:27pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was just brosing around on deal extreme and came accross this
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4355

Just wondering does such a thing work over here?

Type of networks blocked: GSM/CDMA/DCS/PHS/3G

HAs anyone gotten one of these?
    Like isn't gsm the really old 088?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'm not sure how it works but i wish they had one in our exam hall last week

Amount of times people's phones went off after being told to make sure they're switched off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'm sure these things are ilegal in ireland, I think gsm is a standard for phones to work over various frequency ranges eg: 3g 2g and such

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Lenny wrote: »
    Like isn't gsm the really old 088?
    Na, that was a TACS network.

All the current networks are GSM (most also run UMTS) networks.
    Lenny wrote: »
    Was just brosing around on deal extreme and came accross this
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4355

Just wondering does such a thing work over here?

Mobile jammers are illegal.
    That is why the networks pay comreg for the licence. To be the only operator allowed use that spectrum.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ok thanks for clearing things up and pointing out that its illegal makes me want it now lol. wonder if customs would think its a hand scanner when they xray it..
    reading on the review it doens't seem to be the best anyway.. and the novelty would wear off very quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Sorry lads, not the sorta thing you can discuss here as already pointed out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement