Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest barber

• 23-05-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

hey

just got charged 15 quid for a bloodly haircut. and the thing is i didnt even get that much off......was gonna go back in and ask to shave it all off for that price.

so lookin for the cheapest barber in town. i can get 12 euro but does any know any cheaper???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭call d

the Polish barber on Talbot st is €5 monday, tuesday and wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭strangepaddy

call d wrote: »
    the Polish barber on Talbot st is €5 monday, tuesday and wednesday

that'll do lovely cheers lad;) but wheres talbot street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dublin, so no flipping use down here!

mike65 wrote: »
    Dublin, so no flipping use down here!

i prob of should of been more accurate...........i meant waterford city:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

Ardkeen Barbers were E9.00 the last time I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I hav'nt been there for a while now , but try the hairdressers in Ardkeen Hospital ..................they were quite cheap ................and 'very nice girls ' too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Tenner in Lismore Park, just up from Bad Bobs, you wont even have settled into the seat and you'll be told you're done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The WRH are cutting hair now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They've always had a hairdressers on the ground floor. Obviously intended for patients, but they'll happily accept members of the public too

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

€9 for students in Barber Lane side of City Square (used to be anyway). Jolly Barber was around the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Sully wrote: »
    €9 for students in Barber Lane side of City Square (used to be anyway). Jolly Barber was around the same.

ah sully your not still flashing your student card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

wellbutty wrote: »
    Tenner in Lismore Park, just up from Bad Bobs, you wont even have settled into the seat and you'll be told you're done :D

Yep, Just For Men is good. And the lads in there are good craic too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I wont mention any business name but there was one which was suggested here that I found not great. They used the same scissors to cut myself and my friends hair once (after using it on others). Never again tbh.

Went to it a couple of times when in college as it was handy. Prefer the lads in City Barbers or Jolly myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭anon11

Ardkeen barbers are reasonable and very good:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

anon11 wrote: »
    Ardkeen barbers are reasonable and very good:)
    It would have be handy if you had thrown in the price.
    OP, I got mine cut there last friday morning, 11 euro it cost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Connie19

Theres a Barber at the shops on Paddy Browns road, Lismore Park, cant remember the name but its on the same side as the 'Park Inn pub' its about €10 (hubby gets his gruig cut there)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

The Turkish barbers are about €11 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭larchielads

theres a guy on belvedere drive, i think it is, only 5euro,yes thats right 5euro!!! its just up passed st.pauls secondary on brownes road. he's got his garage converted does womens hair too(ain't 5 euro though ladies). used to go up there when i went to school dont know why i stopped goin cos he's by far the cheapest. back goin there now so i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Connie19

I pass up there everyday and never notced a barbers - where on Paddy Browns? is there a sign? is it in his house? €5 seems incredibly cheap

Connie19 wrote: »
    I pass up there everyday and never notced a barbers - where on Paddy Browns? is there a sign? is it in his house? €5 seems incredibly cheap
    no sign. its a converted garage. left hand side of the road as your walking up paddy bronwnes road. think its got railings on the walls of the garden.

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    The Turkish barbers are about €11 I think.

got charged €15 there last time.........never again:mad:

but got it chopped off by ardkeen barbers anyways for 9 quid (flashed da auld student card)......bit of a saving done there. every little helps rite? :)

got charged €15 there last time.........never again:mad:

but got it chopped off by ardkeen barbers anyways for 9 quid (flashed da auld student card)......bit of a saving done there. every little helps rite? :)
    'evey little helps' you say.......pity tesco dont do hair cuts!!!! you could earn points for em!!!!

Advertisement