Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ha?

Options
  • 23-05-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Had this post removed from here

Bearing in mind that the OPs general location, year and models of both cars etc. are clearly stated I think that this incident is easily identifiable to the other parties involved...... Ultimately I also think he was due an impartial, honest, somewhat blunt assessment of his post-accident concerns which seemed to centre on the bling installed in his motor - despite the fact that some poor girl was hospitalised with a broken back....... [?]

Recieved an infraction - threat of a ban next time.....and my post somehow disappeared.

Finally I'd like to make it clear that when I posted I was aware that the OP was an adult, uninjured, self-admittedly responsible for their actions and above all else heartbroken for their, sorry, sorry, unfortunate, soul-wrenching loss [of a C A R].......
    yop wrote: »
    Guys
    Was the cause of a crash up the road from my house today. Went the to right down our side road and never spotted a car coming towards me. :(
    Thanks God know one was killed, my 2002 Audi A4 will probably be wrote off as I took side impact and spun around on the road. Am marked around ribs, groin, arms etc but pride is more hurt.

The other driver walked out (he was driving an 2009 A3!), but his partner was taken to hospital with neck and back complaints and had to be stretcher out of the car. The driver was very sound about it with respect to him and I cannot but claim fault with this.

A few questions please based on people experience.

What if they decide to write it off could I expect to get.
    The car as I said is an 2002 A4, 1.9TDI, 130bph. Not that it makes a bit of difference but it had every extra I could have go, leather, 17" alloys, symphony 6 CD radio, park sensors, cruise controls, zeon light, light washers not sure what else. 100k miles.
    Just passed the NCT which is sickening.

CBG prices range from 7950 to 14,000 euro.
    So would I be correct in thinking they will value it about 7 or 8 k???

Also with the other people car, if it has to replaced it will murder my insurance!!!! I have 12 years no claims.

Timescales - I have reported the crash, so based on your experience how long does it take from the report to the assessor to the decision to the money or car been fixed!!!

Thanks for your help, I feel suck an idiot but thank God know one was killed as the guards reckon the reason we were not is that we were both driving Audi's.

Hmmmmm - is all of this true??? Really???

2002 A4
    1.9TDI
    130bph
    leather
    17" alloys
    symphony 6 CD radio
    park sensors
    cruise controls
    zeon light
    light washers
    not sure what else
    100k miles.
    Just passed the NCT which is sickening.
    7950 to 14,000 euro.
    So would I be correct in thinking they will value it about 7 or 8 k???
    Also with the other people car, if it has to replaced it will murder my insurance!!!! I have 12 years no claims.

Wow - theres some stuff there thats only ever found on that particular model of utterly replaceable w@nky Audi A4

Remember that fella that was so understanding after you caused a serious collision while tuning your stereo?

- Bet he wouldn't have been so "sound" if he knew you'd be on the internet 20 mins after hospitalising his wife with a broken back whinging about your headlight washers........

That woman may well have trouble sleeping 20 years from now due to backache..... Step outside of the circle of you, address your narcissism and realise that you'll still be able to park with out fcuking parking sensors......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Your post was removed by the moderator. We can see deleted posts, so you don't need to copy them.

To be honest, I don't that your post was particularily helpful. I see little in that thread to indicate the OP being in anyway insensitive about it, and to speculate on how someone else may (or may not be) is not fruitful. Sometimes it's best to say nothing at all, if you have nothing constructive to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

How empathetic of you - I sincerely doubt you'd feel the same way if it was your Sister, Wife, Mother or Daughter who was seriously injured in the heartbreaking case of "The Leather Interior"..........

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well until you become a Betazoid, you'll just have to speculate. Preferably, to yourself.

Infraction stands, case closed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement