Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open mic slots for bands and songwriters

Options
  • 23-05-2009 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Ok lets dance. If I get a venue to host me i'm goin to set up an open mic nite for songwriters and bands. P.A will be provided to an extent along with basic instruments including drums. What i'm lookin for is numbers to see if its worth my time. If I get enough response i'll go ahead and set it up so take the pole and we'll see where it goes. Ask your mates outside of boards if they would be interested as I have about ten that would gladly come down for an easy atmosphere drink. Thats what i'm amin for. The night hasn't been decided yet so post which night and time would suit.

Who'd be up for a night of music 11 votes

I'd definatley go and would be up for playing/singin
    0%
    I'd definatley go and would eventually get up and play
    18%
    aynonThwip! 2 votes
    I might go if it takes off
    45%
    ShayK1Don1cantona1111Dboy85JonesNolan 5 votes
    not interested
    27%
    ShayK1Don1aynon 3 votes
    i'd go and support it at least
    9%
    patrickc 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

i voted that options cos not my cup of tea, don't think it's a crap idea though

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

patrickc wrote: »
    i voted that options cos not my cup of tea, don't think it's a crap idea though

each to thier own Pato ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

There is no option for coming and support such a thing. I would definitely come and watch. But I wasn't gifted with a a voice/or musical talent.

can you redo the poll....

Dboy85 wrote: »
    each to thier own Pato ;)

you shoud have just left the the last option as no not interested or summit like that

When I say Ah sure I mite go it means good idea but not really bothered so...dunno how to mod the poll do I get temporary special powers lol:pac:

• Advertisement

is that better? i can edit it to whatever you want?

patrickc wrote: »
    is that better? i can edit it to whatever you want?

That'll do lad *Gold star*;)

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    There is no option for coming and support such a thing. I would definitely come and watch. But I wasn't gifted with a a voice/or musical talent.

can you redo the poll....

You'll have to support me after all this hubba bubba

def though have an acoustic bit also. And if person wants to sing a song on their own.
    A bit of poetry either is no harm.

I was at one in carlow 6 months ago and it was all heavy metal/rock. It was only and ever going to attract metal heads. It was painful and awful.

There is a brilliant open mic in port laois on tues nights.
    If you wanted to come over and see how she did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

not interested
    I voted for 2 options.

I said I might go and then I also said I'd definately go and I might sing.

What I mean is, I might and if I did go, after a few beers I don't think I'd be able to stop myself :)

• Advertisement

def though have an acoustic bit also. It was only and ever going to attract metal heads. It was painful and awful.

Im goin to have it based on semi acoustic anyway. No speed metal or grunge/punk unless its acoustic obviously! I'd go electric maybe for like individual guitar player doin a bit of hendrix or somethin like that...like I dont really sing but i'd do a good "Hey Joe" on my own lol

i love watching guitarists doing their thing. Never ceases to absolutely fascinate me.

Hendrix is just fine by me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

not interested
    I said "might go" as it'd be subject to my stupid job and things, and "might get up" as it'd be subject to other people wanting to as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

sounds like a great idea,,id be willing to check it out as long as there is beer,,:D

Well it'll be in a pub so they mite have a few shandys lol

its a great idea for a weekday night. Something entertaining and relatively chilled.

its a great idea for a weekday night. Something entertaining and relatively chilled.

I was thinkin wed nite from the start; 7pm to 10pm. It all depends on interest and numbers and availability. I know the best way to do it is to just do it and get the word out but no harm in feelin out first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I'd definatley go and would eventually get up and play
    i'ld be up for a bit of playin and singin

• Registered Users Posts: 12 madbetty

i think its a really good idea. there is an awful lot of really talented people in carlow and there is no outlet for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JonesNolan

Dboy85 wrote: »
    Ok lets dance. If I get a venue to host me i'm goin to set up an open mic nite for songwriters and bands. P.A will be provided to an extent along with basic instruments including drums. What i'm lookin for is numbers to see if its worth my time. If I get enough response i'll go ahead and set it up so take the pole and we'll see where it goes. Ask your mates outside of boards if they would be interested as I have about ten that would gladly come down for an easy atmosphere drink. Thats what i'm amin for. The night hasn't been decided yet so post which night and time would suit.

Hi, I hear that there is a great new stage in the Town Hall of all places that has just been kitted out for gigs. Was used during Eigse and is a great spot with good sound - So Im told..... of course it doesnt have a bar :mad: might be worth having a look at it though and setting up a music club to meet weekly for jam sessions / song writing workshops bit of a laugh and to meet people with similar interest etc....

• Advertisement
Advertisement