Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Media Arts vs Multimedia DCU

Options
  • 23-05-2009 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

I am currently trying to sort out my CAO so this is a tread similar in style to the one about social life.Media is definitely the area in which I wish to work. More specifically as a game producer, film director/editor/writer; to be honest I'd be happy with anything in media.
    Multimedia in DCU and Media Arts in DIT are the courses which really appeal to me. My mind is aching trying to decide which one to choose as both seem exceptional. Media Arts has appealed to me lately because although its an extra year one can learn a language on it.
    I need your help. Seriously, you, reading this now your 2cents on this is appreciated!

I'd like to know specific experiences anyone has had. How good and experienced are the lecturers? Am I right in saying class size inDCU is 50 and in DIT its 40? Is there much free time to pursue individual projects? How are the facilities with regards to studios,equipment, computers, wifi in Aungier Street? Is there a good mix of theoretical and practical work? Whats course content like (especially DIT)? Finally I've seen that points have been going down in past years does anyone think that it will continue to drop?

If you'd like to comment on social life go ahead. Also you don't need to quote stuff from the respective college sites because I've trawled through it.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement