Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joss's X-Men script

• 23-05-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭

So has anyone ever gotten their hands on any of Joss's X-Men script? To those who don't know, he was originally chosen to improve the first X-Men movie and pretty much wrote a new script which the studio ended up rejecting. I've heard that he maintains his was much better than what we ended up with, which wouldn't be hard.

I think his subsequent work on the Astonishing X-Men showed a great affection for the characters. The sense of family loyalty and rivalry that the members have for each other was all present. He understood how the characters work and wrote them well. Best of all they had some of the best lines ever committed to paper. "You teach ethics!!!!!!!" So I think his movie would have shown us a much more tightly knit, humanised team. It would have focused on a strong story with well-drawn characters.

Apparently his script focused on the Phoenix story as he was a big fan of Famke Jensen and would have used her a lot more.

Advertisement